Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What sushi roll should I try?
Philadelphia roll (avocado cream cheese, fish roe & smoked salmon) 6 17.65%
Crab tempura roll (deep fried crabmeat & cucumber inside) 14 41.18%
Salmon skin roll (broiled salmon & scallions) 5 14.71%
California roll (avocado, crabmeat, cucumber & fish roe) 9 26.47%
Boston roll (avocado, lettuce, mayo & shrimp) 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: How many of you people actually have real jobs?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a purchasing coordinator (don't ask) putting in around 50+ a week. My girlfriend and I are in the process of buying a salon so I can quit my current job and support my poker habit. She's a keeper! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats a purchasing coordinator? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 02:58 PM

I am a Robot; I don't have a job and I have no income. I also do not have any outlay. I don't have a brain and I am only six months old (very similar to many other 2+2'er's). I don't play poker because I think it is a game for Moerans and I could be programmed to beat it.

I do like to gamble though and I want to participate in the "Single-Table-Tournament-Forum Heads-Up Championship Calcutta" but the site-administrator (an 80-IQ moeran by the name of GrekeHaus) won't let me because I don't have a brain. So, I need a ride to Vegas in late August.

Now to the point; if you will agree to meet SkipperBob in Vegas, I can stowaway in his trunk. This will work to your benefit because then he can borrow my "torpedo-tube" in order to entertain you (if you get the drift)....So let me know what you think [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

B-T-W....FOLD
Old 06-28-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Cram your MBE subjects and learn enough of the others to be able to write something</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a lawyer for about two months. And let me just tell you, this profession sucks. It's hell. Waited tables on the beach for awhile, making about $150/night when I wanted to, after getting a worthless undergraduate degree in communications. Finally decided to get out of that menial, dead end job and go to law school. Well, right about now, serving drinks looks like a dream job from where I'm sitting. Dressing up in a suit every day at 7am and living by the clock until 7pm is not much fun, my friend.

Well, now that I've got that out of the way, you should know that the above-quoted bar exam advice is the most important thing you'll ever hear about this test. Do not waste your time studying all that much on the essays, but know your MBE material back and forth. The essays are bull$[censored]. I failed the bar my first go-round (on 4 days of studying--thanks online poker!) w/much better essay answers. One of my highest essay scores this time was the one I thought I literally didn't think I scored a point on. You can seriously just drop some lingo and pretend like you know what you're writing about and pass some of these essay questions, I kid you not. But know your freaking MBE.

[/ QUOTE ]

studying for the bar myself. thx for the advice. I *should* be retyping my BARBRI torts notes right now, but UPS should be here any minute w my Inspiron 9300, so my mind isnt exactly on negligence right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM

dunno if this was a serious post or not but i own a marketing firm that requires *some* work on my behalf..tho i spend a helluva lot more time playing poker
Old 06-28-2005, 05:55 PM

Real jobs suck. I have one.

Indy
Old 06-28-2005, 06:11 PM

Why in the world are there so many lawyers?

Where are all the Wall Street folks?

And, unrelated, why am I so bad at poker?
Old 06-28-2005, 07:15 PM

What a great thread.

I should do another poll called: Do your wives/ girlfriends support your poker habit?

Because people need to share. It's good for you.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because people need to share. It's good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I share by calling all-ins with KJ.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:47 PM

One wall street'er here.
Derivatives structurer. Yay. Still at work. Since 7AM.
Probably go home sooner or later.
Poker? 3 games a week if I can stay awake.
But at least I am sure my income in my real job outpaces anything I could earn playing full time.

Plus no variance. (Well there is the YE bonus variance...but its not a matter of gain/loss just how gainful...)
Old 06-28-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You talkin' to me? I went to freaking law school. LAW SCHOOL. I'm supposed to be studying for the bar right now...so of course I'm unemployed but can potentially make more than I ever could as a lawyer in 1/3 of the hours but then there's the lack of a resume to think about. Ugh, my head hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your law school and raise you six years in an ivy league applied math PhD program. SIX YEARS of misery.

Oh, yeah, lovely, expecting wife? I'm giving up a variance free $10k a month to sit at home in my underwear and gamble. That cool?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

My story is better. This happened today with a customer:

Guy: What'd you do before this job?
Me: I went to college. I'm actually trained as a pilot, but...
Guy: You sell cars instead?
Me: Yeah...
Guy: Hmm...
Me: Well, I make about a billion times more doing this than I would being a pilot.

So sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

&lt;--- Commercial Pilot, Flight Instructor (Airplane Single and Multiengine, Instrument Airplane)

Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does completing a flight program beat out 50 billion years of college, including 6 years of applied math?

As for making a billion times more selling cars than flying... "I officially made 100 bucks last week. [censored]."

And 60 hours per week? Haven't you been doing this for like four or five days now?

Time for some of these lawyers to get on your ass for misrepresentation...