Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Rose Bowl

Michigan is doing a lot better than I thought they would. Looks like the BCS created a pretty good matchup and after watching Cal fail miserably against Texas Tech it was definitely a good decision. Who does everyone think is going to win the Rose and the Fiesta bowl?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Rose Bowl

Texas and Utah.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who does everyone think is going to win the Rose and the Fiesta bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Utah is going to prison rape Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl. I hope so. With the departure of Miami and Va. Tech to the ACC, the Big East no longer deserves an automatic BCS bid.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:45 PM

I couldn't agree with you more on that. Wyoming proved that the Mountain West division is going to be a contender in future bowl games with their win against UCLA. Utah should be able to absolutely dominate Pittsburgh. Oh yeah, and Oklahoma should be playing Auburn and not USC for the championship.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't agree with you more on that. Wyoming proved that the Mountain West division is going to be a contender in future bowl games with their win against UCLA. Utah should be able to absolutely dominate Pittsburgh. Oh yeah, and Oklahoma should be playing Auburn and not USC for the championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. Auburn should be playing USC. You got half of it right though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Close. Auburn should be playing USC. You got half of it right though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OU is going to beat USC, and it's not going to be as close as most people think.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Michigan is doing a lot better than I thought they would. Looks like the BCS created a pretty good matchup and after watching Cal fail miserably against Texas Tech it was definitely a good decision. Who does everyone think is going to win the Rose and the Fiesta bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan and Pitt of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Have a couple fellow high school football players on Michigan (Breaston & Mundy). My cheering for Pitt might have something to do with being a Pitt student?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OU is going to beat USC, and it's not going to be as close as most people think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you say that last year about LSU also?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't agree with you more on that. Wyoming proved that the Mountain West division is going to be a contender in future bowl games with their win against UCLA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? UCLA is junk... just because Wyoming beat them doesn't mean jack for MWC. What about the second best team, New Mexico getting spanked by Navy? What about only having 3 bowl eligable teams? MWC is a joke but Utah is legit this year. I still got to stay with my squad Pitt for the game but since the spread is currently 14 points, I'll take a close, well played game.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you say that last year about LSU also?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, and I was clearly wrong. I didn't realize how beat up Jason White was going into that game, plus OU was a one-dimensional team.

This year, they're 50/50 run/pass, and White is 100%. I think the key to the game will be the domination of OU's front seven over USC's offensive line. That's where the game will be won.