Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Being a donkey from time to time

I think you both played it fine. He's got 4K left with blinds at 600/1200. You didn't raise pre-flop so he probably thinks your not particularly strong. I'd probably push any two on that flop.

As for your call, you're getting 1.5 to 1 pot odds. Losing doesn't hurt your chipstack but winning ends the tournament. You could easily have the best hand going but if not your only a 3-1 dog to improve.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, this statement "I am usually a pretty solid player " was a waste of typing- it has no relevance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Looking back on it now, I don't know why I put that. Truth be told I should have opened the post with a big thank you to the 2+2ers on the board. Reading alot of posts here as improved my game a lot and no doubt had a hand in my winning this tounament.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's playing Q6off, finding himself against AKs, and is complaining that YOU'RE the donkey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small correction. He went all-in after the flop. So it wasn't AKs versus Q6o. It was a pair of 6s versus two overcards.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, this statement "I am usually a pretty solid player " was a waste of typing- it has no relevance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Looking back on it now, I don't know why I put that. Truth be told I should have opened the post with a big thank you to the 2+2ers on the board. Reading alot of posts here as improved my game a lot and no doubt had a hand in my winning this tounament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, kissing our butts isn't relevant either :P
Old 12-12-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's playing Q6off, finding himself against AKs, and is complaining that YOU'RE the donkey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small correction. He went all-in after the flop. So it wasn't AKs versus Q6o. It was a pair of 6s versus two overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? He was lucky to get a free flop and catch lower pair against a big hand. He was outdrawn, as often happens. If you're folding overcards to every short-stacked all-in move in a tourney, you're playing more like a donkey than the OP did.

What my point was, the person who lost is just whining and should stop it. He got outdrawn with a short stack, it happens, grow up.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 AM

Poketducks,

Tell the BB to grow up.