Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-14-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Bellagio ME hand #2

some announcement comes over the PA, saying at the conclusion of this level we are done for the night. I know I did, and it felt like everyone in room turned and looked at the clock. 1:30 left in level 5, day 1.

I have 60K, blinds 300-600, 75 ante

folded to me in highjack with 10-10, Ben, an asain expert cash game player from the east coast, is on button. He came to the table about 2 hrs ago and won 2 nice pots to get his stack around 80k.

I raise to 2400, Ben makes it 5400 to go, what is my optimal play, more than raise, fold, call, play out some scenerio's plz.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Bellagio ME hand #2

Call, and play some poker on the flop.

From the way you describe him, I would play the flop pretty aggressively and not give him too much credit. He sounds tricky and could easily be raising you light here in position. I suppose a reraise isn't terrible, but it puts you in a real [censored] spot if he moves all in.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:30 PM

arent tens tough to play outa position with a deep stack ?
Old 12-14-2005, 05:35 PM

between these two, dont have the right info. how many laydowns has he made? how much folding equity do you have? is he aggressive or passive? im assuming aggressive. is he tricky? i fashioned a range for a tricky player.

Two plans: 1). Call with the plan to CR any dry flop, or bet any non-ace flop. He could be on a resteal, and i think his range is huge here.
2). reraise to 13.5k to weed out any resteals. Let him know you mean business I put his range on AA-77. AK-AT, most broadway, some suited connectors down to 78s. If he goes over the top, fold.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:37 PM

I hate tens. For this exact reason. Tough to play. You are getting 2.5:1 on your call, so I think it is a mandatory call and see what the flop brings. Be ready to dump it, but you culd also end up spike a set, or all sorts of good flops for you. I think folding would be a mistake. Pushing would be silly and reraising could get you in real trouble if he pushes over the top.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:41 PM

Your stack is too deep for a reraise in my opinion. Is he really gonna make a mistake here and fold KK or QQ etc... or just flat call w/ 99,AK or lower, no, he's gonna fold or push all-in? Your getting good enough odds to see the flop since he can be light here. As for playing the flop, maybe I can get help there cuz i suck w/ medium pairs post flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:43 PM

i dont think he would make a mistake and fold kings preflop or call with 78s preflop BUT this would prevent him from making a continuation bet on the flop and make me play the guessing game...
Old 12-14-2005, 05:47 PM

Instead, you'd rather make the bet yourself? Of course not. By raising to 13K you're risking ~35K every time you don't decide to check/fold. Better yet...you raise to 13K, he calls, the flop comes 742, you bet 20K, he pushes. Are you folding getting 3:1? I wouldn't.

Call and play poker. Let him have the reverse implied odds instead of you.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:20 PM

not sure if I completly understand ur post, arent I defining his hand cheaply by reraising prelfop ?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
between these two, dont have the right info. how many laydowns has he made? how much folding equity do you have? is he aggressive or passive? im assuming aggressive. is he tricky? i

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tournament. No one knows anything. This isn't the 8th hour of a limit holdem session.