Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-13-2005, 02:09 AM

Default PokerTracker - Observing on Poker Stars?

I just purchased PokerTracker tonight, and it looks like it's got a lot to offer. I want to maximize my reads on people, so I was planning on observing via Poker Stars, and letting hand histories build. I have Poker Stars set up to store my hand histories on disk, but it looks like it doesn't work unless I'm actually playing. I tried to get around this by taking a seat and sitting out, but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can track without playing on Poker Stars?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker - Observing on Poker Stars?

[ QUOTE ]
I just purchased PokerTracker tonight, and it looks like it's got a lot to offer. I want to maximize my reads on people, so I was planning on observing via Poker Stars, and letting hand histories build. I have Poker Stars set up to store my hand histories on disk, but it looks like it doesn't work unless I'm actually playing. I tried to get around this by taking a seat and sitting out, but still no luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's against the Stars TOS to do this, and they don't support it (which is why you only get hand histories when you sit in). There used to be a 3rd party app you could buy that grabbed observed hands through screen reading I think, but I'm not sure if its still around.

Edit: And if you are new to pokertracker, its maximum utility to you will not be getting "reads" by massively datamining. Its utility will be maximized if you use it to analyze your game and find your own leaks.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's against the Stars TOS to do this, and they don't support it (which is why you only get hand histories when you sit in). There used to be a 3rd party app you could buy that grabbed observed hands through screen reading I think, but I'm not sure if its still around.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: And if you are new to pokertracker, its maximum utility to you will not be getting "reads" by massively datamining. Its utility will be maximized if you use it to analyze your game and find your own leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've already started learning what the stats mean and how it associates with my play. That's what I'm mainly looking to do, but I figured it couldn't hurt to also have info on people I'm up against. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 AM

I think there is some way with pokerace to get hands for games you are sitting out of on stars. It has to take control of the hand history window. Look at the help files for PAHUD.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is some way with pokerace to get hands for games you are sitting out of on stars. It has to take control of the hand history window. Look at the help files for PAHUD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh, you're probably right...I did see that PokerAce HUD has an export log file option, so maybe it's the hand histories...I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the idea!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:53 PM

PokerAce Hud does not offer a way to datamine PokerStars. This is against their TOS. PA Hud is seen as OK by PokerStars and I want to keep it that way.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Play on Party instead. Stars is aweful.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars is aweful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very wrong
Old 12-14-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] ring games and decent (not great) tournament structures. Why bother playing there when Party has softer games and better tourney strucutes (especially late in the tournament)?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] ring games and decent (not great) tournament structures. Why bother playing there when Party has softer games and better tourney strucutes (especially late in the tournament)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You nicely changed the argument. They're not awful. They have good bonuses. There software is fast. There's costumer service is the best in the industry. You don't get the feeling that they'd steal you're money out right if they thought they could get away with it. The ring games there are way above average. That said I'd still play party because it has more fish.