Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2004, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Big pot with split Aces...

What is the guy with 4hKd doing in this pot?
If he can play he's wired up or started with a three flush with the hK on the hole.

Raising now with a four flush including two kings is an excellent play. If he's a bad player he may have three queens now. If he's a maniac he could have lots of things. This is very tough question with no opponent profiling.

If it was my first hand at the table, I'd have reraised on 4th street - maybe that would have got me more information. Showing strength on 4th street is probably a good idea in a pot like this - you may pick it up if you catch a 3rd heart.

At the point you reached I probably fold without any indication that K4 man is atypical of low limit players.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Big pot with split Aces...

giving your opponent credit for a set at this limit merely because he called third street raises is usually uncalled for. he may have the other pair of kings or another high pair even JJ wouldnt surprise me.with Aces i would be hesitant to fold but given the scenario i probably would fold, and then regret it when i was shown a hand that i was ahead of.

Pat