Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Big pot with split Aces...

$0.50 ante, $1 bring-in, $3/$6, 7 handed

The 3h on my left brings it in, Kc calls, 3s folds, 6c calls, 6d calls, 4h on my right completes to $3, I make it $6 with (7c,As) Ah, 3h folds, Kc makes it $9, 6c raises all-in to $9.50, 6d folds, 4h calls, I make it $12, Kc and 4h call, 6c all in.

4th Street:
XX KcKs bets $6
XX 6c5c all in
XX 4hKd calls
(7c, As) Ah Jh I call

5th Street:
XX Kc Ks 9s bets $6
XX 6c 5c Td all in
XX 4h Kd Qh raises
(7c, As) Ah Jh 9d ...? ME

What would you do?
Old 07-30-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Big pot with split Aces...

I think I fold here. If the guy with 4KQ is at all reasonable, either he was rolled-up, or he just made a set of Queens. Well, if he were truly reasonable, he could only have rolled-up Fours. You're almost certainly in third place, and probably drawing to two outs. The chance that you are up against two two-pair hands (and therefore drawing live) and that you will catch isn't worth $12, in my opinion. It's also pretty much guaranteed that you'll be facing bets on the remaining streets. You were correct to get the money in on third street, but I think it's checkout time.

Best case scenario: fifth-street raiser has Queens and Fours, and by three-betting, you are able to induce Kings-up to fold (good luck with that). You've now invested a bunch of money in a pot where you're clearly behind (although drawing live) and you're going to be out of position for the rest of the hand.

You've basically announced that you have Aces, and they've announced that they don't care.

Or you can suck it up, call, and catch an Ace. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2004, 12:49 AM

Any reasonable player has one hand and one hand only here, rolled 4's. But since these are $3-$6 players I guess I wouldnt put it past him to call open kings with pocket Queens in which case he just spiked his set. Either way your far far behind. Oh, and you still have the player with ??KK to worry about. Muck quickly.

Mike Emery
Old 07-31-2004, 03:13 AM

I agree with both of your assessments. Because of the call reraise on third I put the KK guy on most likely three clubs and two kings, with a small chance he has three Kings. When my opponent raises I figured him with at least Queens up, more likely better. Also even if he only had Queens up the other guy could have three Kings. Also the all in guy might back into make some wacky straight or flush or whatever. I did fold.

LOL! The fifth street raiser had A-J in the hole for nothing but a gutshot with no flush possibilities. Crazy. Oh well. Updated my notes to reflect my opponents tendencies.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have folded on 4th street. When someone raises me and then hits their door card, I don't have to do much thinking.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:22 AM

What value do people give to the guy on 65T and is all in? Did he go all in with a fourflush? Does it matter?
Old 07-31-2004, 12:58 PM

There was another King out, which make trips significantly less likely than would ordinarily be the case.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:10 PM

There's a pretty good chance that T65 is on a flush draw. He went all-in on third street, not fourth. If he does have a four-flush, he does have a certain amount of equity, more than nef has. I think nef is going to be beaten badly enough by the other players that what the all-in guy has doesn't weigh much in the decision, but if his opponents are known maniacs, the fact that the all-in guy has an x% chance of winning might be enough swing the decision to a fold anyway.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:12 PM

On fourth I thought he might have had a four flush, or a 4-straight type of hand, or also a small pair. Yes it does matter, his presence cuts down on my chances of winning the good sized main pot.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Results

The Kings had two clubs in the hole and had Kings and Nines by fifth. He backed into a flush and won the hand. All in had a club three flush and a gutshot on 4th and made a losing straight on the river. The maniac made open Kings on sixth and lost on the river with Kings up. I folded on fifth and I don't think it was a bad fold, but I will be more careful when that particular opponent raises.