Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-17-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: 10+1, when do I slowplay KK/AA *DELETED*

Post deleted by durron597
Old 09-17-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: 10+1, when do I slowplay KK/AA

[ QUOTE ]
whoah wtf? sum1 stealin my bebop? oh hellz nawww. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont follow...
Old 09-18-2005, 12:23 PM

I think slowplaying the big pairs has a lot to do with your table image and what type of players you're up against. Is the BB aggressive? Does he want to push you around? Are you an aggressive tight player that always raises or folds? In general, the more aggressive I've been, the less likely i am to slowplay a big pair, it will look fishy. And conversely, the weaker I appear, the more likely I will limp from the SB with the big pairs.

Also, i think there can be situations OOTM that call for slowplaying. It's trickier and, of course, a lot more risky. but sometimes on the bubble you gotta let the big stack push you (the smaller stack) around in hopes of doubling up.
good luck
Old 09-18-2005, 12:38 PM

I am more and more switching to making about the same raise with everything (if I don't go all-in). So here I would raise it to 400-450 and see what happens.

If the table is filled with solid players, limping might be an idea. If it is filled with donks a minraise might be an idea. But most of the time I do a standard raise.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:43 PM

Many of the other replies suggest that how you play this is dependent on reads of other players and your table image. I agree with these thoughts, however as a general rule, just push it.

In certain circumstances pushing might not be best, but as a default play, it is best.