Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 05:51 PM

Default Did I overplay my tilt hand? My greatest session ever!

Gloating out of the way first. The greatest 15-30 table imaginable. A couple of good players, and 4 idiots w/ deep stacks. And unfortunately for the other good players, the idiots are giving them bad beats and then paying me off. Poker is great. End result? 15 hours. +103BB. A dream $3100 session. Never had a run like this before. It was incredible. OK, sorry 'bout that. Only you guys can understand what a great feeling that is, though....

OK, quick bad beat story to set the stage (and serve as a weak excuse). Near the beginning of this run, I find JJ in the big blind. UTG idiot raises. 3 or 4 callers. I call. Flop is J92r. I check. UTG bets. Everyone calls. I call. Turn is an offsuit 6. I check. UTG bets. Strong player on button raises. I make it 3 bets. UTG says "only 1 card can help me" and calls. Strong player contemplates then mucks something like AJ. I bet the river dark. River is an 8. Idiot raises. I call. He shows me T7. He busted out 3 hours later, stuck $1000.

OK, next hand. I'm on the button w/ 3c4c. One limper. Tight player raises in MP. One cold-caller. I call. Yes, I know. No need to comment. It's done. Blinds and limper call.

Flop 5c6s6d

Checked to raiser. He bets. I call. SB and limper call.

Turn 2s(5c6s6d)

Checked to raiser. He bets. I raise. SB cold-calls. PFR angrily 3-bets. I 4-bet. SB cold-calls. PFR looks like he's going to cap, then just calls.

River Ah(2s5c6s6d)

Checked to me. I pray he doesn't have Aces and bet.

Post-flop, anyone do anything differently?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Did I overplay my tilt hand? My greatest session ever!

i think your preflop play is fine and i normally raise the flop there w/ that draw and the button.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Did I overplay my tilt hand? My greatest session ever!

i think your preflop play is fine and i normally raise the flop there w/ that draw and the button.

Nice catch, mike. After the hand, I was thinking that exact thing. If there's any chance I can get 89 to fold, it seems like a big error not to raise. I also can get hands to fold that would still have redraws even if I hit. Like SB who probably picked up a spade draw on the turn.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Results

He called. I showed. He flung his cards (something like KK, I guess) in disgust at the muck and left. Sorry, dude.