Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2003, 04:00 PM

Default AK unimproved on the river

playing in an aggressive 10-20 with a few tricky and bluffing type opponents who bet into you with ziltch, a couple of average almost belly-up, master whey, and old woman.

i'm sandwiched between master whey and old woman. in UTG+1 i raise the limper and get called by my immediate left, a couple more calls and it's four to the flop.

flop; T52 with two spades giving me runner, runner to the nut flush. master whey bets, i raise, old woman calls, folded back to master who reraises, call, call.

turn; a rag, master bets,....hmmmm,nothing. anyway master bets, i call, old woman calls.

and here's the reason for the post. the river produces another rag, and master whey thinks,'check'. don't ask me how he does it, but you can actually hear master whey think like this. the dealer also heard master whey's thought'check' and asked both of us,"who checked?", not quite like that, explicitly, but rather in dealer-esque. alertly, i began to protest, and i said,"i didn't check!".

on the show-down, old woman said,"better kicker" in italian and mucked. master whey nearly broke the table in two screaming,"i ha' sev'ns!" wang!....whew, was he ever angry. later on master whey thought,'he very good, that son o' bitch'. i looked at master whey and thought,'coming from you, that's quite a compliment'.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:07 PM

Default Re: AK unimproved on the river

Um. What happened on the end?
Old 04-29-2003, 05:08 PM

Default Re: AK unimproved on the river

master whey checked, elysium bet, old woman called, master whey mucked, elysium showed, old woman mucked, elysium won.

But really, who even cares? I'm with andy on this one.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:59 PM

Default Post of the Year

The last two paragraphs are spectacular!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:35 AM

Default i could read a book full. mason check this guy out! n/m