Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Sat. Windsor - Say hi and I\'ll buy you a beer

Making my first trip across the border to Windsor this Saturday through Sunday. Any 2+2'ers there, come introduce yourself and I'll buy you a drink. First time being able to (legally) buy alcohol, so I'm pretty fired up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm a 20ish looking female, brown hair, probably playing 10/20 (?). Oh yeah and I'm bringing my mom....FWIW she's a low limit rock. See you at the tables!

-Stephanie
Old 06-17-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Sat. Windsor - Say hi and I\'ll buy you a beer

Holy crap.....a girl 2+2er!!! I wonder how many internet pros in detroit are going to cross the border just to see this spectacle...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:57 PM

hmm, when is the next flight to windsor? heh

rj
Old 06-17-2005, 05:12 PM

watch out, those tables are tough.

(sarcasm)
Old 06-17-2005, 05:36 PM

can I buy your mom a beer?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:34 PM

It's funny, I'm on the fence between Greektown and Windsor for tomorrow.

Can you call ahead to get on the list @ Windsor? If so, how long do you have to get there? It's about 45-50 minutes from door-to-dor for me to Greektown, I don't think I could make it to Windsor in 60 min. (and no cell phone), and I have no desire to spend an extra hour waiting to play (even for a female poker player who also knows ASL).
Old 06-17-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can I buy your mom a beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no, she's my designated driver!! Well...okay, maybe just one but then she's cut off!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:45 AM

Im a regular at the 100 Minimum NL games there. Im usually there from 8pm-? depends on how long the game goes.

The 10/20 game there is not too bad..sometimes it's a rock garden but a poker game sometimes breaks out also. I'd be willing to play some 15/30, 20/40 or even a 30/60 but I am know they wont open 1 of them. They had a 15/30 1 night and it was WILD. This gameroom is mainly NL right now with a few 3/6 games, a 5/10 and during the afternoon they sometime have a 10/20 on the weekend. They have like 4-5 100MAX NL games with a bunch of college kids with no idea wtf they are doing. The 100 Minimum game you better buyin for $1000 to have any chance. $5000 pots on this game are pretty common with the morons with fat wallets and little poker minds. I have watched a guy call $1600 cold with AJ and a board of 3,4,5 and HIT to win a $6000 pot. Also there is a chinese guy there named "CD" that will and HAS called $2600 with T6s for a PFR of $275 and hit a 4 flush and then call another $2600. He also hit and took down an $8000 pot. Not sure if you care about these tables just thought I would advise the 2+2ers about the horrible play all over this fish tank.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:49 AM

Had the pleasure of playing with your mom tonight(sat 2 to her right, was the idiot who passed up the beer because I had to drive)...compared to the table, she definately seemed to be one of the best ones. She'll probably attest to the fact that the 3/6 game was weak as hell....probably thanks to myself donating 170CDN! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Thankfully, I went home and 4-tabled party 1/2 for 2 hours and I am offically even on the day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] god i love party...