Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: hand vs jason_t, gimme a line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for soundin retarded but i'd fold this with your hand being marginal at best but i don't know who jason_t is. Can someone explain to me why 3 betting seems the best idea here plz.

A

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm jason_t. I'm a nit and I'm proud of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys playing well or grabbing ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you aren't based on your preflop play (and I most likely don't like your flop play either) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even know what I'm holding! Given what I am holding, I think that I took a good line here.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You don't even know what I'm holding! Given what I am holding, I think that I took a good line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I remember this hand (I was on jason's right) and I think Jason's line is fine considering his holding -- and that's both preflop and post-flop. I can see an argument for Jason calling the flop and raising the turn, but the problem with that is calling may get a raise from Bukkake, and if that happened, Jason would have to call the flop raise and probably fold the turn UI.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Results and thoughts

Ok so I'm too lazy to type out my thoughts so just look at what Kailia wrote, she pretty much summed up what I was thinking. Although I like it I'm still not sure if it's the best line.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bakku,

I'm suprised nobody has considered just calling the flop raise intending to just call down. By the turn, you don't have to worry about protecting your hand so much because any hand with a piece of this flop has 3-5 outs agaisnt you while you're drawing slim when you're behind and from what I understand Jason is the type of player that can make good tough folds, so there's not much value in raising a turn either.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 Commerce with jason_t, gaming mouse and private joker

a total donk limps UTG, folded to jason in the hijack who limps, i raise ATs on the button, retard lady calls in the SB, BB folds, rest call. 4 to the flop for 8SB.

AJ3r, none of my suit
SB checks, donk utg bets, jason raises, what's my action and plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I coldcalled, utg called.

turn is an 8 completing the rainbow, check, jason bets, i call, utg calls.

river was a K, check, jason bets, i call, i forget if the donk called or not.

jason has A9s, i win
Old 05-17-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for soundin retarded but i'd fold this with your hand being marginal at best but i don't know who jason_t is. Can someone explain to me why 3 betting seems the best idea here plz.

A

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm jason_t. I'm a nit and I'm proud of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those beats drive you so insane that you developed multiple personalities that post on your account to mock your nittiness?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:04 PM

Call the flop.

If the turn goes check/bet you raise intending to fold to a 3-bet (set) from jasonnit. He won't 3-bet A3s there. If jasonnit just calls the turn then the river is a bit of a guessing game. I would always bet if a donk is still in the hand and will usually bet HU with jasonnit. But a nice thing about playing live is you can see how he reacts to your turn action.

If it goes bet/raise you call but fold the river unimproved (unless the turn card is a 3 or a 2). The pot is big enough to call to try to counterfeit 2-pair and make up for the times he does have bottom set.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so I'm too lazy to type out my thoughts so just look at what Kailia wrote, she pretty much summed up what I was thinking. Although I like it I'm still not sure if it's the best line.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bakku,

I'm suprised nobody has considered just calling the flop raise intending to just call down. By the turn, you don't have to worry about protecting your hand so much because any hand with a piece of this flop has 3-5 outs agaisnt you while you're drawing slim when you're behind and from what I understand Jason is the type of player that can make good tough folds, so there's not much value in raising a turn either.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 Commerce with jason_t, gaming mouse and private joker

a total donk limps UTG, folded to jason in the hijack who limps, i raise ATs on the button, retard lady calls in the SB, BB folds, rest call. 4 to the flop for 8SB.

AJ3r, none of my suit
SB checks, donk utg bets, jason raises, what's my action and plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I coldcalled, utg called.

turn is an 8 completing the rainbow, check, jason bets, i call, utg calls.

river was a K, check, jason bets, i call, i forget if the donk called or not.

jason has A9s, i win

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. The donk wants to pay multiple bets and you should oblige him. Also, you're Asian, so I don't think jasonnit is folding an Ace here, and the only spot he can really fold is on the river.