Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 12:18 AM

Default my turn play is bad

i am too aggro and don't call down enough. at least i think so. i don't know anything anymore. turn donker here is like 50/5/2. other dude is a mystery. it's my first hand at the table.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 12-11-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: my turn play is bad

I find it hard to believe that SB has a flush. More likely a weak 3 that he doesn't know what to do with it. I raise the turn. Given that you didn't I think the river call is fine.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:21 AM

Yea, I raise it. I doubt a guy like this would 3-bet very often, unless he is holding 99 or something.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:45 AM

I think you have to raise this turn too.

you're not upset to take this pot right now because either one might be able to fold some weird hand with a 4c or something now that they would call with on the river if it actually makes a flush.

If the bettor has something weird like 9s2c then you are getting value now by raising it while making him pay for a draw that he doesn't even know would be good.

don't let them have that free-card.

Others agree??
Old 12-11-2005, 01:54 AM

check raise the flop....raise the turn....Fold the river
Old 12-11-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to raise this turn too.

you're not upset to take this pot right now because either one might be able to fold some weird hand with a 4c or something now that they would call with on the river if it actually makes a flush.

If the bettor has something weird like 9s2c then you are getting value now by raising it while making him pay for a draw that he doesn't even know would be good.

don't let them have that free-card.

Others agree??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:33 AM

Default results

i am too aggro and don't call down enough. at least i think so. i don't know anything anymore. turn donker here is like 50/5/2. other dude is a mystery. it's my first hand at the table.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

my turn aggression seems a bit high (&gt;3) so I am trying to find spots where pounding may be wrong. Here I figured I may already be behind, so calling and hoping to improve is best. With the guy behind me, it likley is best to raise, but this turn donk is just so friggin weird. Anyway, he had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I am DERG.