Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 08:26 AM

Default First for me... what\'s proper etiquette?

I was walking past the Alladin closed shops at around 4 AM this morning on the way back to my car as I approach these two asian girls. They look to be completely touristy with their camera out, etc. Anyway, I am walking past and it looks like one of them is trying to ask me something, but doesn't know how. I assume she can't speak english very well so far by my read and try to give a signal to take a picture of them together because that is what I thought they wanted.

It was and they handed me the camera and I did the usual. Here was the odd thing. Afterwards, the cute one goes over to me and gets the camera. She tries to ask if she can be in a picture with me before I left. She hands the camera to her friend and I get ready to pose with this complete stranger. What's my move?

I wasn't sure what stranger picture taking etiquette was, but didn't want to press my luck, and decided it would be best to keep my arms by my side instead of going for the around the neck. As she moves in however, her tight ass slips by my hand. This was clearly an accident by me and she looks down at my hand, than at me. She smiles and we take the picture. My move? And how have I played it so far?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: First for me... what\'s proper etiquette?

BTW, I know the correct answer is SIIHP, but what are second alternatives? Major variables are her friend and language barrier.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:33 AM

i would probably just put my hand on her back (not her ass) this is not intimate like around the neck or over the shoulder, but isn't robotic or uncaring like hands by the side...
Old 11-08-2005, 08:34 AM

make a gun with your right hand. make the "a-ok!" circle with your left hand.

Insert gun into circle and remove. Repeat once quickly.

For extra emphasis, raise your eyebrows.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
make a gun with your right hand. make the "a-ok!" circle with your left hand.

Insert gun into circle and remove. Repeat once quickly.

For extra emphasis, raise your eyebrows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid, but flawed. How is she to see this, only the picture taker will see?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Grab her ass when you say, "cheese".
Old 11-08-2005, 08:59 AM

When I was in Europe, asian tourists twice asked for a picture with me (they were both guys). The first one was a bit odd it was two business men taking pictures of each other in a park and I actually asked them if they wanted me to take a picture of them. They said no but said "Can we take a picture with you?". It kind of set me back but I agreed. The guy at first didn't know what to do but ended up putting his arm around my shoulder. A bit odd but its not like I'm ever going to see the people again.

At first I thought they must have been gay, but I think they just wanted to show their friends back home the big norwegian viking that they saw or something. (I am not Norwegian, nor a viking)

The second time was less exciting but I was walking with about 5 other people and these people singled me out and asked to take a picture. I had someone in the group I was walking with take a picture as well so here it is.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had someone in the group I was walking with take a picture as well so here it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the rumor IS true!

edit: to the OP, you could have made the "peace" sign (the V with the index and middle finger) while you got the picture. i think Asian people do that in pictures a lot for some reason.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had someone in the group I was walking with take a picture as well so here it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the rumor IS true!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is not the first picture I have ever posted that shows a sense of scale. But yes it is true. (Or maybe the asian guy is a midget who is 4 feet tall)
Old 11-08-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: to the OP, you could have made the "peace" sign (the V with the index and middle finger) while you got the picture. i think Asian people do that in pictures a lot for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

They score two points for every white guy they can convince to pose in a holiday photo.