Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 03:30 PM

Default What is a good hourly rate for someone 3-tabling $100+9\'s?

I play NL cash games exclusively right now but was thinking about switching over to SnG's for awhile. What would be a good hourly rate for a good player who 3-tables the 100's on Party? I just want to get an idea if it's possible to make more money doing this rather than 2 or 3-tabling NL600 6max.

Any input would be great.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: What is a good hourly rate for someone 3-tabling $100+9\'s?

If you're a fairly decent player at both, you'd probably have a higher rate per table at the NL600, but you'll have a lot less variance in the SNG's, and the nature of the game makes it a lot easier to add additional tables.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:48 PM

I think the expected good ROI rate for the $109s is ~14% +/- 4%. The average game lasts under 50 minutes. So if you're just 3 tabling, we're talking roughly ~ $45 per set of three.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
~ $45 per set of three

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus a juicy rakeback on the $27 you contributed.

I'd highly consider doing 4 tables or more. Good luck.

Andre
Old 05-09-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play NL cash games exclusively right now but was thinking about switching over to SnG's for awhile. What would be a good hourly rate for a good player who 3-tables the 100's on Party? I just want to get an idea if it's possible to make more money doing this rather than 2 or 3-tabling NL600 6max.

Any input would be great.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this largely depends on how good a SNG player you are. If you're very good, you can pull 15% ROI on the 100s. Probably. 3 tabling would get you about 4 tournaments/hour. This equates to $65-$70/hour. But as someone mentioned, your variance will drop quite a bit playing these. That's a plus, IMO.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:16 PM

I'm a pretty good SnG player. I actually think I'm a better tourny player than a ring one. I've always done very well at them but have always liked the fast action and even get off on the big swings that come with NL ring. I even get off on the swings as twisted as that sounds. But I ran into a guy at Foxwoods on Friday who 4-tables the $200's on Party. I told him my hourly rate is ~$70/hr and he quickly and convincingly said that he makes well more that that 4-tabling 200's. So it got me thinking about different options and expanding my game beyond just 6max.

Besides, my new Dell 2001fp just arrived about an hour ago! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, is it correct to assume that climbing the ladder from 109's to 215's would be a smoother and easier transition than trying to go from NL600 to NL1000 or beyond?