Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: What just happened with me and this girl??

[ QUOTE ]
try to lose your virginity fast, then you wont post dumb crap like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

When in need, hookers range anywhere from 5 dollars up!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:16 PM

ask her, "would you like to kiss me?" if she says yes go for it, if she says maybe then say "let's find out" and go for it, if she says "no" say "i didn't say you could, it just looked like there was something on your mind"
Old 12-03-2005, 04:22 PM

Call her. Say, "I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me."

You'll instantly know where you stand. This isn't complicated.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so I'm 20 and in college. There's this girl that's played on my intramural basketball team for a couple years, and she's pretty cute (don't have pics), nice, sweet, and I've always gotten good vibes from her in the sense that I think she might be into me. She's really friendly towards me but not as much towards other guys on our team, and it's like she's always happy to see me when we run into each other.

So I think this quarter we kinda grew a little closer (our team hit some tough times, and we leaned on each other for support), and we made plans to hit up the gym tonight and play some basketball after she got some studying done for finals. Then she calls me at like 10 and says "I'm too tired to play...wanna do something else that doesn't involve a lot of activity?" so I invite her over to watch a movie at my place. We select the Bad News Bears (for its lightheartedness) and sit on the couch together in front of my 50" HDTV...thank you cards.

Anyway, I'm thinking I should probably make a move, but this girl is definitely a bit conservative - she doesn't drink whatsoever, is religious, etc. - I haven't figured out if that might be a problem for me down the road, but whatever. She's really sweet and I like her personality, but I definitely get the vibe like she might not even make out with a guy until the end of the third date or something.

So we're watching the movie, and slowly our positions are slowly gravitating towards each other, until our arms are touching at one point...(and by the way, if anyone knows some smooth lines/tricks that enable me to get from that position to cuddling position easily, I'd love to know)...so finally I just say [censored] it, and put my arm around her shoulder. She doesn't seem to mind, and repositions herself so that she's laying against my chest. We watch the rest of the movie in said fashion. After it ends, we talk about random stuff for a little bit, and she gets up to go home. I walk her out to her car.

This is where it gets confusing: I thought that putting my arm around her, and her accepting it, was kinda establishing "hey, I kinda like you, you kinda like me, that's cool, let's do this again sometime." But when we get to her car, she's just like "Have a good break if I don't see you again (break starts Dec. 10), and call me if you want to play basketball some time, or if you go skiing in Oregon" (we'll be about two hours away from each other over winter break, and there's a ski place in between that we each said we might go to). I was expecting something more like "yeah, let's hang out again soon." We then hugged and she left. So now I'm just confused, because if she's into me I'd expect a more enthusiastic response when she left about what had just happened during the movie.

I know I'm subjecting myself to some ridicule by making this post, and it's probably deserved, but I'd appreciate some advice as well. Is she into me? What's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call her today and ask her out to dinner on December 9 or whenever before break. Tell her that you want to celebrate the end of finals with her and you would like to have something to look forward to. After dinner invite her back to your place for a movie and establish physical contact immediately. Start with just having your arm around her then work up to caressing her and then just lean in and kiss her. Its gonna be slightly awkward no matter what be sometime you just gotta say what the fvck
Old 12-03-2005, 04:57 PM

Cant read all of these replies so if this said already then sorry. But you're good...She obviously likes you, and her comments as she was leaving was proof that she likes you a lot. Girls tend to do the opposite because theyre tricky, insecure, whatever. So by her saying "see you after finals" etc...she really is testing you (subconsciously) to get you to offer something sooner so she can see what is going on.

As for the couch scene...Just go for it next time cas you never have anything to lose. No girl would blame you for trying, and if they like you, it will go over fine...if they don't, better to find out early.

This one likes you and wouldve gotten somewhere if you had tried.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:29 PM

Religious girls are the freakiest, trust me. Sounds like she was disappointed you didn't make a move after the comment she made when you walked her to her car. If you can't get her drunk get yourself drunk to boost your confidence and go in for the kill. What's the worst that can happen?
Old 12-03-2005, 05:38 PM

I didnt read all the posts.

either pause the movie and lean in and kiss her or wait till its over and just wait for a short lull in the conversation to lean in for a kiss. If she goes to stand up or says she has to leave, pull her back towards the couch and kiss her. As for moving closer during a movie on the couch, its hard but usually just sitting closer at the beginning and pulling her into you is good....worst case be verbal "come here, lie down."

Also, dont text message her. God thats lame.

Also, i am/was/kinda am seeing a girl whos super jesus and shes not conservative in bed so dont worry too much about that. The first time i tried to kiss her she pulled away and that worried me but i just called her and asked her back out and she didnt hold anything back that date.

-JP

edit: the above two posts are good advice...just dont get drunk thats not good if she doesnt drink...just grow some balls and kiss her.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:27 PM

Here's what I always find really funny about these situations. Shy guys never expose their feelings, never tip their hand towards what their feelings are, and do pretty much everything in their power to keep the girl in the dark about how much they like her. Then, they freak out if she doesnt pronounce her love from the rooftops. Guess what, shes doing the exact same thing you are, for the exact same reason you are. Fear of rejection, and people dont like to feel vunerable.

But she has an advantage, shes "supposed" to be like this because shes a girl, and shes the prey and you are the hunter. And tons of girls still view it was the guys responsibility to make the first move.

Women are super sensitive about territory and about touch. They dont share the same physical space with someone they arent comfortable with, and they definately dont let someone touch them unless they want to be touched. For whatever reason we think women are clueless about such things (or worse, cock teases), but this is just pretty much untrue. Id be willing to bet she was even more aware and hypersenstive about your "contact" than you were.

Bottom line, shes into you, or at the very least open to the idea of being into you. The ball is in your court. Dont worry about having screwed it up by not "making a move" or that you have to be bold the next time you are together or whatever. She sounds like the type that prolly doesnt like things to go that fast anyway. Your play is easy, just call her up tell her you had a really nice time the other night and ask if she wants to hang out (have something in mind). Then when you are around her, dont skirt away from being touchy or flirty, its ok if she figures out you are into her, dont be so in the dark about it. You are likely never going to know how she feels about you, until she figures out how you feel about her.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:07 PM

Wait, you put your arm around a girl and she lays against your chest and you are questioning whether she likes you??!!

My god - if you cant bit up those signs there is no hope for you. What more could she have done - blown you to let you know.

The only possibility is that she was into you during the movie but then at some point decided you were lame. But man, if doesnt normally get this easy.

btw - they teach you something is sales and cold calling - Ask for the sale or appt. All the pussy footing doesnt matter unless you ASK. Hell, in sales you will get the sale or the appt simply because you asked even if if your delivery sucked ass.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 PM

Evaluate the strength of the hug. If it was very weak, she doesn't like you - and since you dont have game (not meaning to flame), you are unlikely to have her. If it wasn't very weak, invite her over.