Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: The Kane thread shold not have been locked

[ QUOTE ]
To clarify, I do not care to know Kane's bankroll, winrate, web site or any of that. I am interested in the metamorphosis.

Recently Kane has used the check-big-pair-on-flop-to-get-stack-from-donkey on-turn-play. Even the donkeys there will adjust. Will Kane go for increased bluffing to protect the calldown value he is getting? Taunt to maintain same? Will he instead turtle-and-hare it with gear shifts, hoping they don't run over him before he starts to fire again? Of course he will. Will he handle hyperaggression succesfully? Likely yes as a huge win makes the blood cold and the heart warm. But a bad variance night of -50K is then coming. How will that affect his play? On the character level, that's when you learn if you've really got heart - and also brains so that you know when to step down. Many people are embarrassed by "stepping down." Embarrassment has broke many a player.

And better: real poker. Finally! What plays will he see and like? Many of those players make some great plays. I want to see more hands. Kane will not post many because he does not want to give away his game. However, the forumites will. I want to see what his opponents do. And after the honeymoon, we'll see the hands he loses. Those will be more educational. So give Kane his due, let the slobber threads have a little leeway, and we'll get better poker. If Kane needs to know how to wipe he can call Diablo.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

great post.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:47 PM

you are indeed the legendary.

very nice matt.

i just came from pestering our mod here about unlocking that annoying thread in a strategy forum.

im glad that MHL doesn't need a mod. we have posts like these every once in a while too...but it doesn't normally result in better poker...

your statement here, however, does aptly apply to MHNL

[ QUOTE ]
And better: real poker. Finally! What plays will he see and like? Many of those players make some great plays. I want to see more hands. Kane will not post many because he does not want to give away his game. However, the forumites will. I want to see what his opponents do. And after the honeymoon, we'll see the hands he loses. Those will be more educational. So give Kane his due, let the slobber threads have a little leeway, and we'll get better poker. If Kane needs to know how to wipe he can call Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

really. very well said. and as somebody just getting his feet wet in the world of NL, id like to see more deep deep poker threads too.

if it takes, as AZK put it, "a little slobbing of Kane's knob" then so be it.

as such, sorry for tellin you what to do AZK and nice job matt.

Barron
Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 PM

I started the Kane Story thread and I assure you I was not asking personal questions. It was just three poker related questions. I don't want to know about his daily routine, what he eats for breakfast, or what he watches on tv. I can understand that if I ask Kane questions, then everyone would start asking every high stakes poster similar questions. I did not mean to sound like a moron and was truly trying to gain poker knowledge, that is all.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:02 PM

Looking back on it, my original Kane thread was a decent idea with horrid questions, therefore I suck. Thanks to Matt for putting this back on track. No harm in more KKF threads, I myself am curious how someone can burst onto the scene so quickly and maintain it. Of course this includes strategy and anything else. I want to get into the serious depths of high stakes as I'm sure we all want to attain this level.

AZK, kneepad comment was deserved.

--matt c