Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 02:13 PM

Default First Foray into 6-max

My first real six-max table. Table was pretty passive for the orbits I watched.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: PimpStatus is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, PimpStatus checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, PimpStatus checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">PimpStatus bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, PimpStatus calls.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">PimpStatus bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, PimpStatus calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hand # I felt like I was behind after I got c/r'd. I find myself in this situation in full-ring as well..I feel that the pot here is sizeable enough for me to show-down. This may be a misconception, as I'm attempting to get my went to SD% higher

Preflop: PimpStatus is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">PimpStatus raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, PimpStatus calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">PimpStatus raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, PimpStatus calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, PimpStatus calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Hand #2 This is a situation that comes up a lot HU, is this line okay or do I need to be raising or throwing this on the turn?

Preflop: PimpStatus is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, PimpStatus calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">PimpStatus bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">PimpStatus raises
Final Pot: 6 BB

Is this mundainly standard for hand #3?

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: First Foray into 6-max

Hand 1 I'd seriously consider betting the flop. Turn and river are fine.

Hand 2 is really weird. No reasonable holding plays this way. I'd probably fold that turn.

Hand 3 I'd probably call down. With a stronger kicker, I'd raise, but you're not all that strong here.

P.S. Specific reads are great.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Hand #1 I probably fold the turn, depends on the player, the pot is small, pick a different spot, I smell a monster

Hand 2 I play the same.

Hand 3 I raise pf here, I love isolating limpers pf with suited connectors, you need to isolate weak limpers and I play the rest of the hand the same. Chances are good you will pick up the pot with a flop bet HU had you raised pf
Old 12-20-2005, 05:29 PM

Bet the flop on hand one. You have second pair, it might be good and you need to make people pay to draw to their king or ace. If you bet the flop then bet the turn and get raised, it's a lot easier to make a well-informed laydown there, as there's no big draw on the turn.

I raise or fold the turn in hand 2, but my WTSD is pretty low too (30%) so I might be giving poor advice here. Obviously if you have a read it would help.

Hand 3 is standard. If there weren't so many draws I'd consider calling the turn and raising the river, but you need to charge him the most for this. I'm probably calling down a turn 3-bet and calling a river unless it completes the flush, then I'm flipping a coin [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 06:02 PM

Hand 3 is standard. If there weren't so many draws I'd consider calling the turn and raising the river, but you need to charge him the most for this. I'm probably calling down a turn 3-bet and calling a river unless it completes the flush, then I'm flipping a coin

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything is standard except the pf limp. I dont like the pf limp here at all in hand 3, this is a raise or fold situation pf with raisng being correct 99% of the time
Old 12-20-2005, 06:17 PM

hmm. you may be right. I don't have a problem limping this since there's already someone in but I can see some value in isolating.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:58 PM

hand1: probably c/c'ing the river, in case he has queens up. No. the flop check is can't normally be a queen. this is bet/call. I think we have the best hand often. also you didn't get c/r'd, you got raised.

hand2: what do you think his pre-flop 3-betting range is? It could be like AT, and he's just being over-aggro. However, it's probably more likely a higher pair. The thing is, if you want to find out, then post-flop should be call, call, call.