Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: ONLINE 15. KQo. HOW DID I DO.

what do you mean the flop is mighty thin?? you want me to fold getting 13.5:1 odds?? or do you mean that a bet is better than a check?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

hi mouse. youre much better at the math then me so you should be better than i would be at calculating equity during a hand. only experience will let you guage his hand range accurately though.

another problem with doing equity calculations for hands like this is that some hands are more likely than others after he bets both the flop and turn. i wouldnt expect him to bet every hand on the flop and turn that he calls 3 with. i havent played enough with him to get an idea of what hands hed bet with. i wasnt planning on calling the river. there arent that many hands im ahead of after his preflop coldcalling range and his hand range gets worse for me after he bets the flop and turn.

even if my equity on the turn is 37% it really isnt nearly that much if i dont plan on calling a river bet.

you need 6.7:1 odds to chase a clean 6 outter and in this case my odds are 8:1. i also have implied odds of probably a half BB or so. im not good at doing combos but if you came up with all his combos for the hand range i gave you youd probably see that i have enough outs to call getting 8.5:1.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you mean the flop is mighty thin?? you want me to fold getting 13.5:1 odds?? or do you mean that a bet is better than a check?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I guess I just had his range as substantially more narrow because of his aggression. maybe I'm wrong. All I know is when I play this hand when I'm playing, it ends up like this and I feel really sick doing it.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:21 PM

I think you need to fold the turn. You can't give him his full hand range because this type of player isn't the bet-when-checked-to type. The hands you do well against would have checked behind the flop or turn...your left with sets and overpairs, and the occasional AK when he bets the turn again IMO.

Surf
Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM

not to be results oriented but in the actual hand i called the river and he showed KJo.

i didnt think i could fold to the river raise because unless he has AK or a set i cant give him credit for 2pair. i just thought there were too many hands he could have to make folding to the raise right.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
humm, why is your range of 3bet hands so large as you acknowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

bc the openraisers range is very large here. so tstones hand is still, on average, better.

[ QUOTE ]
If he knows ur likely to 3 bet, wont he slow down his raises on crappier hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

we would like this right?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get myself into this costly situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

you are losing money here. what stakes do you play?

[ QUOTE ]
call river and look at his ugly 2 pr

[/ QUOTE ]

its proly better to fold.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:09 PM

What action do you prefer to betting the river? This guy sounds like the textbook candidate for the river bet/fold. I can't see check/folding here, and I really can't see check/calling.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:58 PM

even thugs gotta learn to take it easy
Old 12-05-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BT is a weird calling fish. the type who loves to chase, who never folds and doesnt raise until the river and only if he has a strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, I cant fold to a raise here. Id prolly pay off, only because it always seems these type of players are not the kind u cant depend on.

He cold calls 3 and bets when checked to...if we were to give him a decent hand, u are probably beating whatver he has on the river. (this depends if he would bet a set when checked to). Also will he bet a pair+draw here on the flop here? In that case, against his river raise, all Im worried about is being reverse dominated or up against a set (or AK). I dont think hes calling 3bets w/ 54s.

Anyway, for me there is enough of "wtf" going on in this hand that I pay off.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:01 AM

I do that turn fold thingy everyone keeps talking about

Your read is he only raises the river with the goods, so it seems like you can fold (I read the results...how strong was that read?). Bet/fold here is way beter than check/call