Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 05:01 PM

Default in which i call/call/call

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Villain is LAG. 75/9/3.55 with a wtsd of 38.5 and won$ at 30. I don't have notes or any helpful observations.

Table is tight. Couple LAGs, one or two slightly loose players, one rock, and the rest are people trying to play TAG with varying rates of success.

I'm in my second orbit and have only seen one flop -- I checked my option in the BB and check/folded. Villain may recognize me, but he also might have met one of my aliases or have been observed via sporadic datamining efforts.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Anyone play differently vs an unknown LAG?
Old 11-25-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: in which i call/call/call

I would raise the flop. Once you called, the 3 is the best possible turn card for you besides ones that pair you, so you pretty much have to call down.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:17 PM

My thoughts at the time: we're going to be 3-bet by the hands we'd like to fold (any flush draw also has at least 3 pair outs), and he might find a fold somewhere with hands we'd like to call -- he seems capable of getting away from hopeless hands. I'm planning to see a showdown very often. The pot is small enough that he's putting in bets incorrectly beyond the flop when he's on a 6-out draw when we just call. I don't love putting in more bets than I have to UI without a concrete read that will help me interpret his behaviour.

What do you think?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:13 PM

maybe raise the river
Old 11-25-2005, 09:50 PM

I am leaning to raising the river. I think you have the best hand here a lot.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe raise the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can fold to a 3-bet here, and I doubt we're best &gt;66% of the time. If his WTSD is converged, I don't know how often he's even paying off here. I think I like call/call/call against this Villain.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:04 PM

Id play it exactly the same.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe raise the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can fold to a 3-bet here, and I doubt we're best &gt;66% of the time. If his WTSD is converged, I don't know how often he's even paying off here. I think I like call/call/call against this Villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

his 3.55 reflects his 75 VPIP, so he's betting and raising his junk. Our passive calling is inducing the bluff a lot. It's close tho, as we'll chop with his ace, and lose to any PP. Without any specific reads, it's like 50/50 call or raise.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:13 AM

i like this.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe raise the river

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry am i misreading something here?

how can we chop with his ace? wouldnt that mean he has to have AT exactly? i would imagine a lot of the time he does this with any ace, but his range is likely split between those that beat us and those we beat.

his 3.55 reflects his 75 VPIP, so he's betting and raising his junk. Our passive calling is inducing the bluff a lot. It's close tho, as we'll chop with his ace, and lose to any PP. Without any specific reads, it's like 50/50 call or raise.

[/ QUOTE ]