Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 03-14-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Code of Conduct

From the newly posted Code of Conduct at Commerce:

Do not expectorate (spit).

I never expect to rate much.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Code of Conduct

And I've been thinking of checking out the Commerce? They really need this sign?
Old 03-14-2002, 09:58 PM

I had a very drunk guy at my table last week chewing and spitting into a coke bottle when the flop came out. He got away with it for hours.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:44 PM

::: groan :::

For real, and I know there are huge lists of this stuff going around online, there used to be a sign over a urinal at Lucky Chances that said, "Do not put gums in."

Tommy
Old 03-15-2002, 01:28 AM

I've never seen anyone expectorate, but I know the customers, and they certainly need the explanation of what expectorating is.

Reminds me of a line from the TV show M.A.S.H. It's 108 degrees and Alan Alda and the other guys are dying, all except Charles, the Boston Brahmin. Alda says, "Charles, don't you sweat?" Charles answers, "In the first place, I do not sweat, I perspire. And in the second place, I do not perspire."
Old 03-15-2002, 01:30 AM

My favorite is the one on the safety card on the airplanes that says if you cannot read this contact the flight attendant.
Old 03-15-2002, 01:50 AM

"Do not put gums in" I guess this means your not suppose to put your mouth in the urinal.

I predict that the rules will escalate until they become like the monster list of rules posted at some Parks, especially beach parks. So to be ahead of the game lets start the listing in advance so we will not be taken by suprise. We already have the no spit rule. So here are a few more:

1. Scratching of the genitalia is not allowed

2. No Farting

3. No Belching

4. No Drooling

5. Nose Picking is prohibited

6. Staring at large firm breasts with pert hard nipples is strictly VERBOTEN!!

-Zeno

Old 03-15-2002, 02:40 AM

The places I play the players chew. But they don't spit. I don't mind tobacco spitting as much as players who spit pieces of lung into a cup after hacking their chronic bronchitis-someday to be lung cancer-guts out. The rumblings from the depths of 500-600 pounds of guts with the added resonance of the effect of 300 billion cigarettes, all leading to the deposit of a hunk of oozing lung into a pink cup, was enough to put me on tilt. Yes, I tilted even though the player made a concession to his bronchitis-pneumonia-plague by smoking menthols instead of regulars during his affliction and only a pack an hour. At least he was comfortable in dirty sweats and a stained t-shirt and had his shoes off. I don't think he washed his hair, but you couldn't tell because his dirty hat sort of blended in to his skull and there was no clear dividing line between the shades of dirt. Yeah, I played at the Circus-Circus Reno one time. Short session.
Old 03-15-2002, 04:58 AM

hey, im sorry, but if a nice set of nipples happens anywhere near my seat in a cardroom, i am going to stare. at least for a little while. doesn't happen very often, except when the cocktail waitresses come around. mmm, one of them is real tasty.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Code of Conduct.gross

this just about matches spm's toilet post...and it's such a pretty morning here...gl