Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Online pros: How many STTs per day?

Yeah, I was counting the first week of December. I think you were -$235 over 29 for the November period.

You'll find that there's lots of people that come through here and post their e-penises...er...the results from their heaters. At least you had a "preview post" and were updating the results after that, but if you'd run like crap for the past 1/2 month, odds are you wouldn't have posted an update (or would have been a lot less likely to).

The fact that you didn't post the first 6 days of December (where you were down $2k in the 28 we played) is (odds are) reflective of the tendency that a lot of people have when posting their results online. It sounds like you didn't have any bad intentions, but it just gets a bit old (again, there's lots of people that do this, and lot don't even have more "benign intentions" in doing so).

There was some debate on here a while back (and I realize you're not doing this, but some people have) with people claiming that 20% ROI long-term in the 215s was doable, and listed were 7 players who had supposedly claimed that rate at some point. I went back through my pokertracker stats, (only finding 4 players in there), and had that foursome at something like 5% ROI (+/- a few %, I don't remember exactly) over about 1,000 SNGs.

You're probably fired up about doing well the first couple of weeks after quitting your job as you should be, but the posting of 20%+ heaters in the 215s (and usually for as big a sample size as the heater lasts - people don't post only 1/2 a heater) got old a long time ago. Acknowledging one's 40+ buy-in drops, or break-even/losing streak over 500 SNGs+ is something that is done less frequently, but is more refreshing (usually).
Old 12-07-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was counting the first week of December. I think you were -$235 over 29 for the November period.

You'll find that there's lots of people that come through here and post their e-penises...er...the results from their heaters. At least you had a "preview post" and were updating the results after that, but if you'd run like crap for the past 1/2 month, odds are you wouldn't have posted an update (or would have been a lot less likely to).

The fact that you didn't post the first 6 days of December (where you were down $2k in the 28 we played) is (odds are) reflective of the tendency that a lot of people have when posting their results online. It sounds like you didn't have any bad intentions, but it just gets a bit old (again, there's lots of people that do this, and lot don't even have more "benign intentions" in doing so).

There was some debate on here a while back (and I realize you're not doing this, but some people have) with people claiming that 20% ROI long-term in the 215s was doable, and listed were 7 players who had supposedly claimed that rate at some point. I went back through my pokertracker stats, (only finding 4 players in there), and had that foursome at something like 5% ROI (+/- a few %, I don't remember exactly) over about 1,000 SNGs.

You're probably fired up about doing well the first couple of weeks after quitting your job as you should be, but the posting of 20%+ heaters in the 215s (and usually for as big a sample size as the heater lasts - people don't post only 1/2 a heater) got old a long time ago. Acknowledging one's 40+ buy-in drops, or break-even/losing streak over 500 SNGs+ is something that is done less frequently, but is more refreshing (usually).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I got killed on Dec. 2, 4, and 5th- lost my stats for the 2nd, lost $1400 and $2100 on the other two days.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:10 PM

I understand your sentiments. Let me be the first to tell you that the entire point of this thread is to help me in my journey as a poker pro, not to brag or boast. That is the sole reason I will post stats- For one, it motivates me because I'll have to be accountable. Secondly, other people may be able to chip in with advice.

If anyone(not accusing you of this) doesn't like me posting stats or thinks that I'm "showing off" then by all means just click the back button and be on your way. These forums are great because they provide us with a lot of different topics regarding poker, and we have to freedom to choose which discussions we want to be a part of and which ones we don't think are worthwhile. I have no problem with anyone posting anything(about poker)- I do have a problem with people that reply in threads about how stupid the thread is...if you don't like it, just move on. Why even waste your time to just bash someone else's thread?

I'm off to a rough start in December, but you can rest assured that my December stats will be posted here after the month concludes even if I lose $50,000.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:35 PM

You've got the full histories of all the games you busted out of, right?

Feel free to reply "of course, you moran!"
Old 12-07-2005, 10:56 PM

Wow, that's an extremely good point (I'm serious). I've been hitting the the 50 tournament summary max at Party since the split with my 8-10 tabling there (I think I hit it only 2 or three times it when I'd 4-table Empire and 4-table Eurobet in 8 SNG sets, and that would only be like a hour or less before it reset and I started getting the again). So, I get all of my own stats from the HH stored on my hard drive, but it will underrepresent the results for those players that I play SNGs aginst after that 50-max (around 6-9 p.m. PST usually, it resets at midnight EST) - PT deducts the buy-in once you load the first hand into it, it only credits your winnings after loading the full summary (or at least the hand you bust, where it will say "____ finished 1st/2nd/3rd and made ____." (or whatever it says exactly)

Goddamn it, now I can't present evidence to help debunk some of the wild claims that go on here. I'll say, "well before the splits, in the ___ SNGs I played agianst these players, they..." and the person making outrageous claims will be like, "I'm talking about after the split mor-an, you can do like 100% ROI with my new secret strategy," and I'll be like, "Well my PT stas show strong evidence to the...er...um...goddamit!!!!"
Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 PM

No worries, I hope it came through that what I was talking about was more general-oriented, didn't mean to hate on you for any particular reason. You seem to have your head on straight FWIW.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:30 PM

Assume we will work 300 days a year (43 weeks) and 10 table continuously (14/hr), 25% RB, and play for 100k.

11s: 55hr/week at 25% ROI.

22s: 34hr/week at 20% ROI.

33s: 29hr/week at 15% ROI.

55s: 25hr/week at 10% ROI.

109s: 15hr/week at 8% ROI.

215s: 10hr/week at 6% ROI.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got the full histories of all the games you busted out of, right?

Feel free to reply "of course, you moran!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I never have looked at hand histories or used Poker Tracker. I take it that you think I should start doing so?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 PM

Also, I don't have rakeback yet. I already have a guy who has talked to me(so please no offers in my PM box), but I'd be interested in hearing about how easy it is to set up another account and not get in trouble with Party for doing so.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:49 PM

psstt

we dont really use the "rb" word around here