Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Don\'t Read If You\'ve Already Read MM\'s Hand To Talk About

Without reading anything else.

Good player checks then calls. Sounds like either a draw that decided not to bluff (JTs is only decent one) or a slowplay (set of sevens is the only one that makes sense, or maybe KQ). Draw is more likely, but not by as much as you think.

Action plan is to bet, the draw needs to pay on the big bet. If checkraised you probably call down.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Don\'t read my answer either as I talk about the turn

cool thanks for the info re: the hand.

"Concentrating on being a dad and stuff right now. That's why you don't see me in Oceanside."

happy fathers day. we had a good one here. looking forward to meeting you at oceans 11 some day, as tommy can tell you im a real headcase so maybe you find something amusing to observe. they had a 40 going last night btw.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Don\'t read my answer either as I talk about the turn

I guess I could have been clearer about the hand. I meant that this is one where either action could be correct, depending on how you weigh things like the likelihood the guy would bet with AJ or AT on the flop (in this situation), the chance he'd check a set, etc. I think there's enough variation among good players and accross situations on those things that an aswer to how to play the flop here has to discuss them - as everyone has been doing.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Re

"I think it's a decidedly bad play to check 77 against 5 opponents when you only have one opponent left to act. "

With two big cards, K and Q out, I think a good player is even more likely to bet. It's very possible the blinds checked with weak K or Q and the same for early position players with Qx. They might call a late position bet.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Don\'t Read If You\'ve Already Read MM\'s Hand To Talk About

I did not read MM post.

You said very good player so K10s is out because of position and "very good". It must be without a doubt, unequivocably, only possible hand, absofrigginglutely,
J10s. I think.