Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-13-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: $60 million dollar winner take all tourney

I'm sure top names won't have toruble finding sponsors or crazy rich fans to back them. Heck, we might even see them e-baying some of their action.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:00 PM

too much money. There will be such collusion.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM

they can sponsor me, im available to play
Old 12-13-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
too much money. There will be such collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding ! We Have a winner!

These guys have great TV image. But, behind the scenes they are still sharks. They are always looking for an advantage. There are lots of rumors of Doyle and Chip being less than honorable if the stakes are high enough. All doubters can read "The Professor,The Banker, and the Suicide King"

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 12-13-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, to date the largest entry fee for a tournament was $400K in the first series of Poker Superstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't even a true representation of the actual buy in as LAST place in this tourney got somewhere around $300,000. They made it out as if they were risking 400,000 of their own money, but the most they could lose was 100K. All of those players I bet have lost 100K in a day before.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:50 PM

The whole sponsoring thing is stupid. So are the satellites for amateurs.

The poker pros are only going to play their best if it's their own 10 million on the line. I want to see these pros sweat it out where things count. That'll show who can play at the highest level.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The poker pros are only going to play their best if it's their own 10 million on the line. I want to see these pros sweat it out where things count. That'll show who can play at the highest level.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOBODY is going to risk 10 mil of their own that way.

Think about how many sponsers it would take to raise 10 million...the poker players would be like nascar drivers...

Old 12-15-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about how many sponsers it would take to raise 10 million...the poker players would be like nascar drivers...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody? I think Phil Ivey would.

But that's the point. Why have a 60 mil SNG, if the money doesn't really matter to the players? It's like a freeroll. Yes, it matters in a sense that this might be more money than some pros see in a life time, but it won't make them sweat. Can you imagine how exhilirating it would be if you could watch a pro get stuck 10 million in a live game? =)
Old 12-15-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The MANSIONPOKER.NET POKERDOME SERIES is slated to debut on Sunday, May 15, 2006 (11:00 PM-1:00AM local) on FSN owned-and-affiliated regional sports networks, and continues for 43 consecutive weeks. The series' multi-faceted tournaments originate inside a remarkable, high-tech soon-to-be-built arena called the "Pokerdome."

Awesome.

-kyo

[/ QUOTE ]

(oh come on...any pauly shore reference is going to be funny)
Old 12-15-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody? I think Phil Ivey would.

But that's the point. Why have a 60 mil SNG, if the money doesn't really matter to the players? It's like a freeroll. Yes, it matters in a sense that this might be more money than some pros see in a life time, but it won't make them sweat. Can you imagine how exhilirating it would be if you could watch a pro get stuck 10 million in a live game? =)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the difference between real pro's. Amatures that make a big final table are "just glad to be there" and after the tournament is over a couple of months later it finally its them what they had the potential to accomplish. Trust me, the pros will know whats at stake, they won't take a 60 million dollar first prize with a "nothing to lose" mentality.

ALSO, FSN is going to have a 15 second shot clock too.

And yes, all 100 million is being supplied by "a new offshore online gambling company" which is run by an "Indonesian tobacco family".