Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Cleaning lady steals from me -- can I go to the cops?

I appreciate everyone's responses. Except the guy who called me a rich [censored]. I am a poor, dirty [censored]. Which is why I need a cleaning lady. So he can go [censored] himself.

To clarify a few things:

1. We did not seek out to hire an illegal, and I don't have any reason to believe that she's an illegal. She's from Portugal. My fear is only that maybe I was supposed to do some sort of check before giving her any money, and I didn't want to get in trouble for not doing it if it turned out she was illegal. I have yet to meet an American cleaning lady in New Jersey. If you know one, tell her to PM me.

2. This happened several months ago. We told her to give us back the cash she stole plus the gift card. This is why I say that "every month" we find something else missing. It's been about 3 months. We terminated her 3 months ago, immediately upon finding out that she stole from us. We didn't have any idea of the magnitude until, like, this week, as more things turn up missing.

3. Proof -- I am pretty confident we can prove that she stole more than $100. Even if it boils down to her word against mine and my wife's, I like our chances. She's an admitted thief. Aside from a minor brush with the law that involved being caught in a local park with a penis enlarger, a tube of Astroglide lubricant, and a pekingese named "Toots Sweet", my background is clean.

4. I am going to the cops. Looks like it's just a time investment, and that I don't have anything to worry about on my end. I will seek the death penalty.