Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: A hand I really liked...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him paying off the checkraise with anything you beat, or even worse he 3-bets you. Seems like if your going to check to induce a bluff you should just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought. Why c/r?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:54 AM

Meh.

I don't like it.

He probably doesn't have that strong of a hand, is happy for the cheap showdown.

Seems like a real thin move to get him to put a bet in with a busted draw and/or weak Ten, 6 or med pocket pair.

I'd just bet and hope he wants to show down his poey hand vs. your medicore hand.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like he's calling with something weak in the event that you are being you. don't know how often he'll have a hand worth betting, though I think he'll probalby have to pay off if he does have to bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the river check screams missed hearts and that he'll bet any hand he has. bukkake ain't D-U-M and there ain't a stereo in sight.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do we need to check the river with top pair to feel sexy? Is it because we won't get called by a worse J?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's check raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, word. Ok I get it. And knowing the other player, we're reasonably sure he'll bet, yes?

But what about the flop? Is it because no one likely has a piece of it that we can just bet out with nothing like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Shows how much I depend on the pretty little icons to notice these things.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems like he's calling with something weak in the event that you are being you. don't know how often he'll have a hand worth betting, though I think he'll probalby have to pay off if he does have to bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the river check screams missed hearts and that he'll bet any hand he has. bukkake ain't D-U-M and there ain't a stereo in sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he think you would call a bet with missed hearts?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-26-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This answer is obvious if you consider his range of hands.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:25 PM

I'd really like your take at reading his hand. I'm really bad at it. I guess in these situations I would put him on a made pair, or also a missed draw. Not sure about the likelihood of each, but I'm guessing you're saying he'll bet his missed draw to pick up the pot? Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like your take at reading his hand. I'm really bad at it. I guess in these situations I would put him on a made pair, or also a missed draw. Not sure about the likelihood of each, but I'm guessing you're saying he'll bet his missed draw to pick up the pot? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make it easier. It was a 3/6 game at Lucky Chances which means that the button posts 1 SB which is automatically raked. Thus, I said that bukkake "checks his option" on the button. So he has two cards. Once he calls twice on that board try to put him on a range of hands.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:42 PM

I have never really done this before, I'm just moving up from 1/2 and am used to thinking on this level. I will give it shot when I have some time tonight and I'd really appreciate if you'd tell me what you think. Thanks.