Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Mattias Anderson

[ QUOTE ]
I hit mute everytime he is in a hand now. Anyone know what place he finishes? I am to lazy to look at the moment, but I want to make sure I watch that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your answer, in white:

<font color="white"> IIRC, he's the second one knocked out at the final table. Gets all-in PF with AK vs. Greg Raymer's AT. Raymer rivers a straight to knock him out. </font>
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 PM

It would have sucked if he went on to win the whole thing. I hate to even think about what his reaction would have been on the final hand for the title.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:55 PM

personaly I find it more anoying with people that talk Bull* all the time, like the unabomber, and are very cocky.
the russian in WPT paris was a anoying one.

as someone said, hit mute when he wins the hand.
I havent seen the latest shows so maybe he talks bull and so on then I dont know
Old 09-08-2004, 01:59 PM

Hi Brett,

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the exact quote, but did anyone else laugh when he said that screaming like that helps him stay in the moment and keep his focus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, what struck me was his narcissism. Mattias' screaming helps him keep his focus ... but what about every other player in the room?

The simple fact is that he's an inconsiderate boor. And if I may be so bold, this should be a lesson to other internet players who are thinking of playing in B&amp;M cardrooms: there is a big difference between yelling at a computer, in the privacy of your own home, and the same behavior at a poker table in a public cardroom.

Cris
Old 09-08-2004, 02:01 PM

Hi JiWe,

[ QUOTE ]
as someone said, hit mute when he wins the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other players in the room didn't have that option....

Cris
Old 09-08-2004, 02:03 PM

Hi lolita,

[ QUOTE ]
I am also a huge fan of "How bout dem Cowboys!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to disappoint you, but I live in Tampa and bleed pewter. From now til January, I'll even have my nails painted Bucs' red....

Cris
Old 09-08-2004, 02:04 PM

He runs into a corner of the room and screams "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" anytime he is in a big hand against someone even if he is a huge favorite. Generally he acts like an 8 year old would if he was at the WSOP playing for $5,000,000.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:18 PM

"Agreed! This guy makes me cringe."

Cringe is the perfect word, I watched some of the episode when it replayed later and found myself hitting the mute button.

DL
Old 09-08-2004, 02:23 PM

If he would have won I would have quit watching about now
Old 09-08-2004, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The hand that bugged me the most was the one that he knocked out Ferguson on. His 55 against Ferguson's AK....Anderson is AHEAD in the hand, and he's chanting for a 5 to come on the flop, like he's behind or something. Then when the five hits, he practically does the Super Bowl Shuffle in celebration. I can understand being excited, but that was like dancing on someone's grave while you're in the middle of burying them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind Andersson too much, but this hand was over the top. If I recall correctly, the pot size was not very big compared to Andersson's stack -- although it would (and did) knock Ferguson out of the tournament. If there is every a time to shut the f**k up, it was here. There was no reason to be as excited as he was after this hand unless you are purposely being a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris was totally classy here. He da man.

If Mattias does in fact get knocked out, does the person responsible yell "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"? That would be quite the TV moment... (I like to think I'm somewhat classy, but I'd have to seriously consider it if I knocked him out...)