Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Someone has a huge leak in their game. Please tell me who.

I was the original person the argument was with - although the hand belonged to someone else we were sweating.

I limp because:

Although 200 out of 1180 is a significant chunk of our stack, QJ suited is a strong hand and justifies the investment.

QJ suited is a very flop-dependent hand that we will either fold or push with on the flop.

I expect a push to be called and I expect to be behind. We all know that a hand like QJs has a decent chance of cracking a big hand, but why not see a flop and get a huge insight into determining whether this is one of those occasions.

Unlike a made hand I don't mind the blinds limping in as they may provide someone to pay me off if I do hit.

I have position on everyone on the flop.

A raise from the blinds is less likely as they'd be raising the UTG limper as well. There's no specific reason to assume he has a monster but it's a possibility. If raised allin pre-flop then I fold, yes.

With all these favourable factors, and a flop-sensitive hand, I don't have a problem with investing 200 from my small 1200 stack.