Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: What\'s the best option here?

I fold this preflop. you don't want to see this raised after you, and you're also OOP throughout the hand. maybe if the table was ultra LP I play this early.

Fold the flop. all you've got is a couple of backdoor draws, no overcards. add it all up, and you've got maybe 1.5 outs. get out now.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:16 AM

I raise this pf. Fold the flop.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:22 AM

Fold pf and fold flop.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop - terrible position for a terrible hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "loose" spreadsheet has this calling in EP, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I dunno why though - I hate playing AJ and KQ in EP (too many sticky situations). KJ just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:13 AM

if the table is passive, i limp KJo from EP but it also depends on postflop play (i think) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

i think i'd fold the flop as others have said because it is so small, but i also have a problem with calling in this situation and the reason is:

i have you at 3 outs for the BDFD and BDSD. you can't raise because you need people in to pay for your draws to come in. i don't give BB credit for the A since he could do this to pump his flush draw, however the reraise from UTG+2 makes me think a paired A.

the turn REALLY sux because both your backdoor draws are gone, but you have paired your king. i don't think we can lead out because we don't have position on either flop bettors and could get stuck just betting and having BB and UTG calling with the higher A.

so this lack of position, i think, cancels out a c/r, leaving us with check or fold. your J outs are probably tainted with a possible AJ limp from UTG or BB, so that leaves 2 outs. so unless you have reads of either bettors bluffing, i'd think fold the turn.

i could use some help from others though [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 10:38 AM

Fold that flop. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 12:55 PM

I fold preflop. If I misclick and call preflop, I fold the flop.

-Tim
Old 04-13-2005, 01:01 PM

Don't openlimp with KJo. Weather this means you should openraise or openfold is something you have to decide.

I trust that SSH says to limp KJo in EP. But this would be behind another limper. I'm sure if you read on you'll find where Miller says that if you are first in, you should tend to raise.

If you open this pot PF, you'll want to open for a raise. By doing this, you are trying to take the hand against as few opponents as possible. If it is likely that everyone will just call your raise & you'll get 4 or 5 opponents, it would probably be best to just not play at all from this spot.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't openlimp with KJo. Weather this means you should openraise or openfold is something you have to decide.

I trust that SSH says to limp KJo in EP. But this would be behind another limper. I'm sure if you read on you'll find where Miller says that if you are first in, you should tend to raise.

If you open this pot PF, you'll want to open for a raise. By doing this, you are trying to take the hand against as few opponents as possible. If it is likely that everyone will just call your raise & you'll get 4 or 5 opponents, it would probably be best to just not play at all from this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i don't have the book in front of me, so i'm not sure what EXACTLY it says, but my thoughts:

if your table is loose passive, seems raising would more often than not get you in more trouble than limping with most opponents discussed in SSH calling with all kinds of junk.

but because you have so many opponents along for the ride (typically), that's why you'd limp. and this is assuming you have better postflop play than the majority of opponents you face.

tighter table: yes, raise or fold because you'll get fewer hands and i don't think KJo does well in multiway pot with good postflop players.