Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: 3 10/20 NL hands

It's fine, he's a friend of mine being a dumbass. Just a bored kid in college with nothing to do.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:50 AM

"Why not bet the turn?"
Good idea. Good analysis.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:10 AM

"Hand 1: It seems slim but you there and it was your read. As for 75s first in, I generally raise any hand I'm going to limp with if the game is tight and I think I can buy position and/or outplay my opp. postflop etc... Eh?"

Yes I do like to raise with those types of hands sometimes.

"Hand 2: I like it, I assume you are giving up if he calls/raises?"

Yes - I give up if he raises for sure on the turn. I might fire another barrell on the river if I thought he was drawing and missed. If it does not look like his draw got there, I would consider making a bet on the river. That would be a tough situation. I might fire out half the pot or something like that if I didn't have anything. I also had the gutshot draw that might bail me out on the river if I am called on the turn.

In the actual hand, the villain folded on the turn, and I wasn't faced with a difficult river decision. One problem with betting the river would be if the villain had called the flop and turn with an Ace high flush draw, which would be a logical hand for him to have (assuming he called my turn bet).
Old 02-10-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Results

Results on Hands 1 and 2: I won the pots after my opponents folded to my turn bets.

Hand 3 the results were given in the orginal post, but to restate, i folded on the turn.