Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Omaha degenerate (live 20/40 limit)

Playing in a live 20/40 with a half kill yesterday (30/60) and wanted to post a couple of hands that are giving me nightmares.

I'm MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

One horrible limper limps in EP, I raise, and a solid CO calls.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

horrible limper bets, I raise, CO cold calls, limper calls

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Limper bets, I raise, CO cold calls again, Limper three bets, I call, CO calls

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Limper bets, I call, CO calls

The raise on the flop is an attempt to get some straight draw backdoor low to fold.

On the turn, I figured sometimes the limper isn't betting the nuts, so what the hell maybe I can get the CO to fold some sort of low draw.

BTW, that was a "kill" hand

Thoughts???

Second hand

I'm the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Two limpers, I raise, both blinds call as do the limpers.

Flop

J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checks to me and I bet, BB calls, as does one solid MP who limped

Turn

8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP bets, I raise, BB cold calls (I mutter something about getting quartered under my breath) and MP looks flabergasted that the rock in the BB cold called 80. He folds.

River

7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, I think he has A 2 xx, so I bet, and he calls.

Thoughts?

The turn raise was aimed at getting another low to fold, and as it turned out it got the solid MP to fold a Q-high flush because the rock in the BB cold called. Either way, I figured most players dont cold call 2 BB's in a small pot with just the low figuring they're usually quartered.

Comments appreciated.

Tex