Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: First day at college

Yeah but i think i've pegged myself already into some awkward scenarios. i would assume thats normal.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take this a step further. Make a habit attending class 95% of the time. It will save you tons of grief and lots and lots of hours of catch-up study time.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ridiculous. College is easy. His time will be much better spent any place other than class.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:50 PM

how come you won't post a pic of your hot mom? Why do you keep ignoring me? Do you think I'm just going to forget about it?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 PM

spoken like a true political science major
Old 08-16-2005, 06:58 PM

I'll concede that its not easy if he's going to be a ChemE, and you could be brain dead and get good grades for stuff like elementary education. But outside of the extremes, the vast majority of college classes fall into the "simple for any intelligent person" zone.

This goes double at state schools, even good ones like UGA.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:06 PM

You've got to watch that skiping class though. Many state schools, because of of so many grants/scholarships, have adopted an attendance policy. If the state's paying for it, the state expects you to go to class. I nearly failed several classes that I has good grades in because I never went. And it sucks to use up all your absenses by the end of the semester and have the pressure of knowing that if you miss one more time, automatic "F". I even had a prof who counted 3 tardies as 1 absence. His class was a 8am. I showed up on time once. By the end of the semester, I had failed, according to his rules. He took pity and let me have a "D" though.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i am also really having a difficult time balancing women.

[/ QUOTE ]

its easy, one on your face and one on your nuts, does that hlep [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spoken like a true political science major

[/ QUOTE ]

just because the bong is madatory for us poli sci/history folk doesn't mean......uh what was I talking about [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 11:26 PM

You should rush with no intention of joining a frat. Free booze for like a month, with non-stop fun. Also, try to go to class as much as possible and try to meet somebody new each day. You'll make the best friends of your life, and will have the time of your life. Take fun electives - you'll learn about random sh1t that will make you a better person, or at least much better at bar trivia. Take communication and psych classes. I always made the promise to myself to keep up on my reading before every semester, but I always failed. Still, it's good to aim high. Party a lot, work hard, and find something that you want to do with your life - not something that others want you to do. College is the best since you get to be a child and an adult at the same time. Do plenty of dumb stuff, but try to stay out of jail. Also, remember to call your mom every once in awhile - she'll miss her little huggybear.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:39 PM

Best advice ever. Rush every semester, and take advantage of the stripper parties, secret booze and other smoozing they do to get you to join.

As long as you aren't a dooshbag you'll have a fun week and be welcome as they try to get you to join.