Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Paxosmotic\'s Guide to Tilting Eeegah

Blah.
And when I decide to call you down you have the flush.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blah.
And when I decide to call you down you have the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pro-tip : (almost) NEVER open complete the small blind in a full ring game. It didn't change the hand (I'd have called your raise with 86s), but you really can't be making that play, especially with a weak hand like 95o. You need to pick up the blinds, hit a flop, or fold. You lost way too much on that hand postflop and not enough preflop. Way, way too passive preflop if you're going to play it.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:15 PM

Doesnt matter. I know you are calling or raising with any 2.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt matter. I know you are calling or raising with any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've moved back down to .5/1 (although I'll probably bump over to 6max), so if we're going to cross paths, you really can not afford to take a "he's got any two" attitude against a thinking TAG just because you've seen a few hands that might indicate it. You're going to pay off way too many of my hands if you do that. You need to pay attention to why I'm doing what I'm doing and react accordingly. It'll stop me dead in my tracks. Don't start generalizing just because you've seen me make some suspect plays while goofing off. I do get the same good cards as everyone else at the table, and if you're intent on looking me up, you've got as good a chance of doing it on when I have AA as when I have A4o.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: How much do you stick to the preflop guide?

In my first 10,000 hands - exactly to a T, no deviations.

Since then, I make all sorts of plays depending on who is in pot, my position, and how big the pot is. It's always great when you get into a pot with a really bad player.

There is a friend of mine who I am teaching to win, b/c he already knows how to play; I give him the preflop guide and tell him not to deviate. 300+ hands later he comes complaining that he isn't winning. (I sort of guessed this anyway b/c of his poor post-flop play but was trying to build his bankroll with rakebake and forcing him to learn preflop play). So I make him download PT and look at his stats. Sure enough, it doesn't even look like his postflop play is a big problem, but he doesn't even have the discipline to use the chart for every decision! VIPI of 33+! Ugh. Of course I scold and tell him not to deviate anymore. Some people just can't do this - too much gamble in'em.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't at all, but I play like an idiot preflop. I play a ring game preflop exactly like I play a tournament final table preflop. The two are not the same, yet I do it. Do not be like me.

KQo is always a good fold facing a 3-bet preflop no matter what your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was going to say, you can call IF you want, but make sure you use lots of lube, or you'll have a tough time walking around the next day.

(Sorry, I'm tired... I should probably not post for a while.)
Old 09-07-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It got raised twice before it came around to me.

Instamuck then? I'm going to stick to the guide as it at least puts some discipline in me. It's difficult to sometimes though :/

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of some really rare instances where you would cap it:

If the initial raiser would put down the following hands back to him: AQ/AK/AJ/KQ,99,TT, for two back to him, and yet, would still initially raise with them, AND the re-raiser was crazy, and it was a decent-sized pot, and the remaining players sucked.

Other than that, instamuck.

FWIW, I've never capped.

Also, if you're playing 3-handed, and you're in the BB, you can probably come along, but you have to play the rest of the hand fairly carefully. It helps if the 3-bettor is a lag and the first guy doesn't like to cap it preflop or play very well post-flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]