Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:16 PM

Default KEM cards

Had a twin set of KEMs: arrow / wide size / super index.

Managed to get them stolen from me, so looking for a new set.

What is considered the quintessential deck of cards of poker?

I'm definitely getting KEMs and most likely wide size.

Comments on style and index (regular/poker/super)?

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: KEM cards

a little word of warning, buying KEM cards is somewhat of a risk becuase the company no longer produces any new cards. as a result you will no longer be able to buy replacement KEM cards if you lose any from your deck. there is a post in this forum on the matter if you look.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 PM

Yeah I saw that. In a year and a half of play I hadn't managed to lose a card (though I DID manage to lose the entire deck).

Should I be overly concerned? i.e. are there better alternatives like Copaq cards?

I actually have a full deck of KEM arrows / super index / wide that's missing a 2c (retailer sent me a replacement deck after it came incomplete. never asked me for the old deck back). Should I then just look to buy the same deck so I can replace accordingly?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 PM

I say KEM, regular index, wide are the cards of cards, they are just impossible to get these days (virutally impossible anyway). If you find the Super Index, stores are usually still carrying these.

Copags are nice once they get broken in, at first half the deck will slde off the top as soon as you set them down after dealing.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I saw that. In a year and a half of play I hadn't managed to lose a card (though I DID manage to lose the entire deck).

Should I be overly concerned? i.e. are there better alternatives like Copaq cards?

I actually have a full deck of KEM arrows / super index / wide that's missing a 2c (retailer sent me a replacement deck after it came incomplete. never asked me for the old deck back). Should I then just look to buy the same deck so I can replace accordingly?

[/ QUOTE ]

i will not buy another set of KEM's. bought two sets about a month and half ago to use in tourney's with my local group. after 2 weeks the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] came up missing from one deck. so basically i have a $14 set of coasters becuase the brand new deck is useless now.

next deck i buy will be Copaq. i like the KEMs, but if i am going to spend that much i want to be sure i can easily replace a card here or there.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 PM

KEMS are probaly your best bet. USPC bought out KEM and is only manufacturing bridge sized decks. I think there was a issue with the new kems THickness, that one deck was thicker than the other. copags are good but do seem slippery. the only other chocie is dal negros and they have had good reviews i think. here is a good link web page i forget the website but i remember a retailer giving a customer a whole new deck of kems when he lsot a card or something, i could be wrong though
Old 07-14-2005, 06:17 PM

the new kems are fine, great, same as always. they're by far the best cards you can buy.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:29 PM

good site, thx man!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:15 AM

The review helped out a lot. Thanks. Sounds like buying a new set of arrow/wide/super index may not work since there'll be differences between the old and new decks

So I just realized USPC is wholly owned by Jarden, and I'm actually scheduled to meet up with the CEO of Jarden sometime next week for an investor roadshow. Maybe I will ask him to bring back the arrow/wide/regular index just for me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 02:46 PM

In the meantime, put a post in the KEM replacement thread I started and maybe you'll get lucky.