Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 PM

Default PokerTracker a violation of T and C according to Intertops

I received a message from the Intertops investigations team addressed to William. Here is the message:
[ QUOTE ]
Dear William,

This message is to inform you that as part of our initiative to block artificial intelligence or prohibited software/programs that might give players an undue advantage over the other players on the table, we have proceeded to monitor and block the use of such software/programs from running in conjunction with our IntertopsPoker.com client.

As a part of our Technical Team?s continued efforts to render such applications and software/programs useless we have a security feature in place to detect the usage of the same. We would not be in a position to elaborate on this security measure for obvious reasons.

At the outset let me assure you that we do NOT take screen shots NOR do we have any screen shots of players? desktop with us, and no information that is recorded would ever be used by us without the players? consent. Further, please check our Terms and Conditions of Use available on our website. Please check Clause 6, Clause 7, Clause 17 and Clause 18 (viii).

http://www.IntertopsPoker.com/about_...formation.html

We have proactively implemented security measures to identify and block PokerBot applications from running in conjunction with our poker software. As part of this initiative we have implemented technical changes that would ensure that any such applications and software/programs are identified, detected and rendered useless.

As per our policy, we have flagged your account and have added appropriate comments in your account. We will continue to monitor your account activity and game play, and request you to refrain from using this application in future, failing which we will have no choice but to take the extreme step of barring you from our card room and confiscating any funds remaining in your poker account.

William, we hope you understand our concerns in keeping up the fairness of our games and thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation in keeping up the spirit of the game and the integrity of our online poker card room.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Sandeep.C
Investigations Team
alerts@intertopspoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is not William so I suspected that it was sent to me in error. I send the following message to them:

[ QUOTE ]
My name is not William. I do, however have an account at
intertopspoker. Is this a misunderstanding or
is there something I should be concerned about? I do not run PokerBot
software. I do use PokerTracker (not a Bot). Please reply ASAP.

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the message I got in reply:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear XXXX,

IntertopsPoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Regarding your query on *PokerTracker*, *PokerTracker* falls in the above categories and usage of the same will result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Regards,

Chaitanya
Investigations Team,
alerts@IntertopsPoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker a violation of T and C according to Intertops

A) They're wrong because PT doesn't fall under those labels
B) So what? Don't auto-import your hands, just do it after you've signed off for a session.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:00 AM

Do you Datamine?
Old 07-09-2005, 01:04 AM

I used simplemine about a week ago until the warning came out about it. I have not datamined since then.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Further, please check our Terms and Conditions of Use available on our website. Please check Clause 6, Clause 7, Clause 17 and Clause 18 (viii).

http://www.IntertopsPoker.com/about_...formation.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else confused by this? We are being directed to:

Clause 6 - Play Money Games.
Clause 7 - No Company Employees or Affiliates.
Clause 17vii - If you have allowed or permitted (intentionally or unintentionally) someone else to use your Account;
Clause 18 - Disclosure to Third Parties.

Is it just me or are the clauses that we were directed to have absolutely no relevance to the email?

I'm not sure that they know what the hell they're doing...

Edit: Ok, they are speaking about Party's new legal wording; yet the legal information they provided you is obviously dated even though it is still on display via their software.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:07 AM

Did you use PE or any other HUD? There's a big thread in the internet forum about HUDs getting banned, but PT was supposed to be OK.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:26 AM

I posted this in the other (long, tangled, off-track) thread on warning-emails. I thought I'd post it here, since it's relevant.
-Sam

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sam,

PartyPoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

In regards to ýpokertracker ý, please note that our teams of game experts, in consultation with the Technical team are constantly evaluating software, in order to determine the suitability of such third party programs and their compatibility with our Poker Client software and Terms and Conditions. At present, we have no immediate plans to block this software, but the situation is under constant review.

Sincerely,
Francis Hamilton
Investigations Team
alerts@partypoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-09-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you use PE or any other HUD?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do use PA-Hud but not PE. What is weird is that they did explicitly name PokerTracker as being against their terms and conditions.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:18 PM

I do not think this email was directed towards you; hence, the different name. Regarding him mentioning that PT is not allowed, other emails have made it pretty clear that PT is fine. And up to this point, nobody with only GT+, PV or PAH have received an email.

I believe this campaign was directed towards PE users and possibly data mining users (although I did not receive an email and I data mine 24x7)...
Old 07-09-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think this email was directed towards you

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you are correct.