Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins

i think party IS basically iglobal. and vice versa.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In other words, because they are not creative enough to compete with a leader, the seek to cut that leader down at the knees and hurt thousands of players in the process. That is simply childish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one of the main reasons affiliates are complaining about that 'specific affiliate' is that while Party has implemented a system that prevents everyone other affiliate from offering rakeback to their players, they handfeed precisely the stats that they're denying the rest of their affiliates and are seemingly turning a blind eye to it.

No amount of 'creativity' can overcome that limitation. Affiliates simply cannot compete because they've been 'cut down at the knees' by Party itself.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:24 PM

I have a few things to add.

1. We can all become affilates for party, And have ourselves signed up under us, and try to get a few other people, might as well. I think if you dont have a large group of players you'll only get like 20% rakeback or something, dunno the rules.

2. We are grossssly underestimating the amount of income we bring into party poker. It is not true that party poker would be better off without us because the games would be softer. I think it would be good if some of you people had experience with running games yourself. Like at an amvets or something.
Party Poker could care less if you win or lose. They only care about how much rake you generate. That is all that matters. We play more tables, thus there are more tables full for the fish to play so there is more rake per hour to party. IT WOULD BE VERY NOT GOOD FOR PARTY IF ALL THE BIG TIME WINNING PLAYERS QUIT EVEN FOR A MONTH.

3. There is a misconception that the games at party are sooo mcuh softer than other sites. I haven't played on any sites that are tougher than party. STARS is easy, UB is easy, POKER ROOM is EASIER than party, ABSOLUTE is tighter but still easy.
The good thing about party is the number of games going at once, you dont have to have 5 different sites open to find a bunch of good games. We can find the games elsewhere, its just easier this way.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:54 PM

Thank you for the link.
I set up an account there so I could troll them. But, reading the forum, it seems they have been infested with trolls, lately. I wonder why?
Looks like I will have to try the path of civil discussion.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:12 PM

Default \"That affiliate\"

I'm still confused as to why that "specific affiliate" is priveleged to operate under the double standard right under Party's nose. Either:

a) They have some contractual agreement (which I assume expires at some point)

b) The affiliate is just playing stupid hoping to draw in players, then send out a "Party killed rakeback we can't pay you, blah blah" and hope to generate revenue for itself.

Anyone know? I'm not against this affiliate either, I want to know since I'm looking to "reassign" my Party account to get some of my own vig back but don't want to bother if they will stop paying out soon anyway.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:28 PM

When party go public and the owners are all zillionaires, is it really going to matter to them what happens to the company?
I mean seriously if I build up a poker site and sell out for a few hundred million I'm gonna be like Oi supermodel, skin me up another joint and get your skinny ass over here. Not oh no stars have got more players than us now what am I going to do.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When party go public and the owners are all zillionaires, is it really going to matter to them what happens to the company?
I mean seriously if I build up a poker site and sell out for a few hundred million I'm gonna be like Oi supermodel, skin me up another joint and get your skinny ass over here. Not oh no stars have got more players than us now what am I going to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is why you will never make a "few hundred million"
Old 04-29-2005, 02:07 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ain't that the truth.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how long it takes to become vested. One year is the norm. So for a year at least they will care a lot.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:06 PM

In response to the posting suggesting that an affiliate use PT stats, I would like to give a similar suggestion, that is slightly tweaked. I counted somewhere ~40 15/30 tables. A little less actually, as I'm not counting the few 6-max tables and not the private ones either.

- Using 5 Party skins on two different computers, one could datamine all 40 tables at once.
- Then, there are two options:
1) Write software like the poster above described that would calculate every player's MGR.
2) A simplified method (which would also be more open to cheating) would be to just come up with an average amount per hand, and pay by the number of hands played.

The problems with this suggestion:
- I have no idea who'd want to run two computers 24/7. It's not worth it until you have a lot of people under you.
- I just picked 15/30 because it seems to be a pretty popular limit at this site. There's no way an affiliate could expand this to include all of Party's tables. This would limit the possible customers to a single limit.
- With the method of just counting hands and assuming an average rake per hand, well, there's the obvious error in the assumption, but then there's also the possibility that people could get together on an empty table and rack up their hand count.

I almost think it'd be better for people to just split off into small groups of friends and deal with it. If I had friends who insisted on having rakebake (by friends, I'm also implying trustworthy), we could all sign up under one of ourselves and just save hand history files.