Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins

[ QUOTE ]
The smartest thing party could ever do would be to offer direct rakeback into player's PP accounts WITHOUT the affiliates on a monthly, escalating scale basis. Don;t count on it happening

[/ QUOTE ]

Then wouldn't all of their affiliates quit?
Old 04-28-2005, 01:37 PM

Here's what I don't understand. Party & skins are already paying their affiliates $x out of the rake. The affiliates could do two things with that money.

A) They could pocket the money and go on with their lives and Party/skins never see the money again, or

B) They could pay the players a % in rakeback, which the players will most likely deposit back into their Party/skin accounts to generate EVEN MORE RAKE.

Why on earth would they want to stop this??
Old 04-28-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

B) They could pay the players a % in rakeback, which the players will most likely deposit back into their Party/skin accounts to generate EVEN MORE RAKE.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very likely not the case. Do you not see why ??

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy
Old 04-28-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very likely not the case. Do you not see why ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm thinking as a player still building his roll. I guess the bigger rakers are already comfortable and are using the money for other things.

But even if players most likely wouldn't redeposit, I don't see how Party is worse off than if the affiliate had just kept the $$. Am I missing something else?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how Party is worse off than if the affiliate had just kept the $$. Am I missing something else?

[/ QUOTE ]
It creates a disincentive for legitimate affiliates to sign up new players. If there is no rakebake players keep playing on their orginal account, which may have been signed up through an affiliate link. If this happens affiliates have a much larger incentive to sign up new players. Which means more players for party which means more rake...
Old 04-28-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is already happening, and as for my own personal play, they can say goodbye to 8k a month minimum, and many of my friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I thought you already did that? Link.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It creates a disincentive for legitimate affiliates to sign up new players. If there is no rakebake players keep playing on their orginal account, which may have been signed up through an affiliate link. If this happens affiliates have a much larger incentive to sign up new players. Which means more players for party which means more rake...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's based on the assumption that rakeback affilliates are illegitimate. Not trying to argue, just trying to make sure I understand it all. By allowing rakeback, wouldn't that create an incentive for the rakeback affiliates to sign up all those same players the non-rakeback affiliates would have signed up? And couldn't the attraction of a generous rakeback attract even more players to party/skins in the first place?

If the goal of party is the maximize their number of players, I don't see offering rakeback would attract fewer players than not offering it.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: There is a cure for cheating

Very good thinking
Old 04-28-2005, 03:02 PM

I'm not sure why this concept still seems so foreign to people.

1) Party does not offer rakeback.
2) Party's affiliate program has brought in a lot of players.
2) Party has been losing knowledgeble players to their skins because of rake-back.
4) Party starts to shut down their skins ability to offer rakeback (shut down Poker Now, limit the 3 of trackers per affiliate etc)

Party probably wouldn't have cared about their skins offering rake-back if they had of been able to limit it to new players. But with the number of existing Party players opening accounts at the skins to get rakeback it MUST be hurting their bottom line.

Additionally, Party would be stupid to get into the rakeback game because it would be self defeating. To get the players back they would have to offer a rake-back greater than that which was offered by the Skins. The skins would then up the rate they offer to fight off an exodus back to Party, which would lead party to . . . .

From a purely business point of view, there really are very few options other than the one that they apear to be taking.

busguy
Old 04-28-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: There is a cure for cheating

Party's problem is this. It makes no sense to give eryone "rakeback" why not just lower the rake?

The purpose of rakeback is primarily to attract/reward high volume players. As long as it was kind of an underground little sub-culture thing among hardcore players, there was really no problem. But now everybody, even some casual players are aware that it exists. I don't blame Party for not wanting the system anymore.

But the soloution is pretty simple. Account specific bonus codes. They do it now to a certain extent. When I logged on to do this latest bonus, I was suprised to see that I had been given $50 and a additional $100 comeback bonus.

What Party could do is just give these bonus codes to their high volume players. That way they are not leaking money on say a casual player who does maybe 1000 hands a week. But they are still providing incentive to the high volume guys.