Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Re: San Diego Question

It depends on what you like to play and I can really only comment on Sycuan and some past experience with Barona and Viejas.

If you are looking for a NL cash game Sycuan is easily the best in San Diego for that. They spread between two to four tables of 1/2 NL 100 and one to three tables of 2/4 NL between Friday and Sunday evenings. They try and get a 5/10 NL game going but have only seen it spread once. During the week its about half as busy.

For limit at Sycuan it doesn't get any higher than 4/8 and usually there are a number of 3/6 and 4/8 tables going anytime.

I haven't been to Viejas in several months since they never had any NL games spread. Its great for 8/16 since they usually have around two to five tables going.

Barona sucked since it only spread 3/6 and 4/8. I heard they were trying to get NL started there but haven't been there in six months.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:07 AM

Quick update...Barona does have NL now, 1/2 i believe. And Viejas has a few tables of 1/3 NL as well as 1 table of 2/5 NL if there are the players for it. They also spread a 15/30 game on i think tuesdays.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:24 PM

Sycuan does sometimes spread 6/12 and 8/16 during weekends, especially around tournament times.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:33 PM

Even without traffic and speeding down the highway, I'd say it's more like 45 minutes from Coronado to Ocean's 11.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:43 PM

to get to sycuan you can take the trolley from downtown and there's a sycuan bus that will pick you up at the el cajon trolley station

or you can take a bingo bus with all the blue hairs!