Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Empire has Never responded to any of my emails. Ideas?

I use earthlink and it seems like I receive all the standard promo email from empire and cashout confirmations from paypro but they must not be receiving my mail or simply ignore anything I ask about.

There are no spam filters etc on the accounts and even if there were, why would this prevent empire from receiving mail I send? Do I need set up some sort of free email account and try to contact them again? Appreciate any suggestions.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Empire has Never responded to any of my emails. Ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
Appreciate any suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]
They've activated the Empire Customer Service DOOM SWITCH(ECSDS) on you . It happens after you ask a certain number of dumb questions.

The way to unblock is to play Final Doom: Evilution to the final level, and TURN OFF THE SWITCH. If you cheat it doesn't work. Make sure your internet connection is ENABLED while playing, so it can sychronise with Empire's servers and reset the switch.

That is all. God speed.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:19 AM

it's also possible that YOU aren't receiving THEIR replies.

This happens with some service providers. I struggled with this for awhile with a couple of sites.
Some of the e-mails were getting blocked before they ever got to me...they never even made it to my spam folder.

AOL users were having tons of troubles with this for awhile (back in my AOL days).
At first, AOL decided to block all Empire e-mails (and I had to use a yahoo address)....then they unblocked Empire....and then they blocked all the party e-mails.
Naturally, most of the folks at party and empire were clueless about this.
At different times AOL decided to block Stars and Paradise too....but both of those sites figured out that there was a problem and put a pop-up on their sites that said "Attention AOL users: Our e-mails to you are being blocked by AOL and we are trying to correct the situation." (or something like that).

Anyway, consider the possibility that their e-mails back to you are being blocked.
Consider setting up a regular yahoo e-mail account and switching your verified address to that one for a little bit (you can always switch it back).

Oh yeah - it's also possible that they are just ignoring you too. With those guys you just never know.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:27 AM

you can set up a free hotmail acct and see if that helps.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I use earthlink and it seems like I receive all the standard promo email from empire and cashout confirmations from paypro but they must not be receiving my mail or simply ignore anything I ask about.

There are no spam filters etc on the accounts and even if there were, why would this prevent empire from receiving mail I send? Do I need set up some sort of free email account and try to contact them again? Appreciate any suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll send you a gmail invite if you want, some party/empire emails also end up in spam there too, but its easy to check the "spam" folder and uncheck the box noting it as spam. PM me an email address I can send an invite to if you want to try this.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:58 AM

I had an issue with Empire and had no reply to my email.
So I sent one via Hotmail. I mentioned that I had heard
that some ".net emails" were not getting through to them
or vice versa. Not to long after I got an email to both
accounts. On the hotmail email they said they don't
have problems with .net emails. Then they told me they
had already responded to my other email, which by the
way came in after the hotmail reply.

Then they admonished me to only send emails
from my email account regestered with Empire! So all in
all about the same messed up CS. They did however
answer my question end the end!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:11 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

if you have an affiliate i suggest contacting him/them.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's also possible that YOU aren't receiving THEIR replies

[/ QUOTE ]
As I mentioned, I get emails from info@empirepoker regularly with all the promos etc.
Also I have requested that they change my screenname a dozen or so times and of course no reply and name is still the same

Morgant,
Could my affiliate get my screenname changed?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:22 PM

yeah, its not because you arent recieving their emails. I have a completely neutral email address (i.e. its a domain name I own and its hosted by a palce that does zero spam filtering), and they respond to my emails almost never. What I do is announce in my email that I am going to email them the same thing a couple times a day until the actually respond to me. Then usually on the second one of those I get some lame form letter. So then I respond that I am sending them the same email several times a day until they actually respond, and not use some lame form letter that doesnt answer my qestion. Then after a day or two and about 10 emails containing the exact same thing, they finally respond. And its always with their typical incredibly shitty customer service that leaves me completely unhappy anyway.

I [censored] hate empire
Old 09-26-2005, 06:59 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

you should ask him.