Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Absolute Poker - Please Send If You Agree

After being banked on again on AP, i've finally had enough. It is totally rediculous and a real shame. The hand that did me in....

$4 NL
I get it all in preflop with AdAh vs QhQs, and he spikes a Q on flop. No problem, it's going to happen, but then this scumbag leaves table and sits back down with minimum. This is about the 256th time this happend to me, and I see it all the time. I emailed this letter to Gian Perroni, Poker Room Manager. Please copy paste this and email it to him if you share the same views, maybe if we voice our opinions we can get this changed.

prm@absolutepoker.com

Gian Perroni:

Your Mission: "To continue to be the best and most trusted."

I don't see how this statement can actually be claimed true when your site still allows players to "bank". I fail to see any "features" that could possibly need more attention than this atrocious flaw you have in your software. Other sites have a time limit from the time you leave a table before you can sit down with less than you left with. However, a player can win a big hand, leave the table, and sit back down with the minimum, hand after hand, on your site. This is totally unacceptable behavior and is detrimental to the integrity of your games on Absolute Poker.

If this is a "technical matter" that you and your team can't overcome, please implement some type of system for punishing the moral degenerates that exploit this flaw to their advantage.

Sincerely Disappointed
Old 08-12-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker - Please Send If You Agree

You may want to define the term "bank" in the letter. I had to read it twice to figure out what you meant, and I doubt anyone at AP will bother to read this twice if they don't get it the first time.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:50 PM

If doing this is in direct violation of the site's rules, then you have a point. I rarely play NL except on two smaller sites: one enforces such a rule per your wishes (30 min window) and the other does not.

If this isn't a violation of Absolute's rules, I don't think this effects the integrity of the game. What these players are doing is then entirely within the rules of the site and in no way is dishonest play.

You may not LIKE the play, but that doesn't mean the play is reflective of a moral degenerate any more than check-raising or betting out on a board that has a straight-flush on it to try and get another player to fold.

You have every right to try to persuade Absolute Poker to change their policies, but phrasing your protest in absurd terms like yours won't get you anywhere.

You run the risk in poker of each hand being an event unto itself. There are no guarantees you will have a chance to win "your" money back. It's not your money anymore anyhow.

If you think a player is particularly poor at the game, wouldn't you rather he buy-in again rather than leaving the site for the day? Or should there be a rule wherein a player who doubles up off you can't leave the table for a while either?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:59 PM

Moral degenerates?

whatever dude
Old 08-12-2005, 05:32 PM

I have to agree with Jets on here and I had a discussion with someone near the top about this about a year ago and he stated this would be corrected soon, obviously it has not. I have actually seen one of their house pros tell a ratholer it was wrong so I dont think they intend for this to be allowed, it is a tech issue. In a B&M card room you could not pull chips off the table in the middle of a game (at least not one I have been to or would ever play in) and I dont see why just because it is the internet why it should be allowed, if you rathole fine, go play at another table until time lapses, if you want to stay at the juicy table you just had a big hit on then stay with the profit in front of you.

IMO although I hate ratholers it is actually to their disadvantage. They usually must play very weak with such a short stack, their only slight advantage is the free draws on all ins but when the draw hits they cant make much profit on it.

I will start a thread with a poll and see what the zoo thinks.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IMO although I hate ratholers it is actually to their disadvantage. They usually must play very weak with such a short stack, their only slight advantage is the free draws on all ins but when the draw hits they cant make much profit on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing a short stack is +EV for beginning players...or lazy experienced players.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:37 AM

SO you'd rather they just quit when they get up? I can understand it being annoying but it's not quite as bad as you make it out.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
punishing the moral degenerates

[/ QUOTE ]

Make them quit playing poker. Ut oh, that would put all the sites out of business. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 05:24 AM

Why would u wanna play on such a crappy, ugly, site in the first place?? The layout looks like something from the mighty morphen power rangers. By far the WORST site I have ever played on, not worth the bonuses.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:40 AM

Maybe he should go to Pacific Poker?

AP isn't great..but it's better than a lot.