Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Wrist/arm pain

I have gotten carpal tunnel syndrome before from repetitive motion. I was working at a law firm doing clerical work and the repetitive motion of writing with a pen caused some bizarre symptoms (coupled with a lot of typing?). The main symptoms were numbness, pain and tingling in my thumb and the area between my thumb and index area. I iced it up and religiously wore a wrist band for carpal tunnel. Just to be careful I had it X-rayed (given that my livliehood working with computers depends on my hands). The doctor gave me some anti-inflammatories (naprosyn, ibuprofen) which helped a lot with pain.

The most important thing was the wrist band, which I picked up at Target pharmacy for around 10 bucks. I wore that wrist band at night and at all times when not working. I was pleasantly surprised when the tingling went away and I regained full sensation after about two weeks. The key for me was consistently wearing it. Good luck (btw, one of my doctors had it so severe he had his arm opened up and they did intensive surgery which resolved the problem) and make sure you get it looked at!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try using the keyboard a lot more instead of the mouse. You can actually do almost anything without touching the mouse, it really helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

here
Old 11-28-2005, 07:16 PM

This worked great for me. I actually had her write me a scrip but she said to just go get one of these at any drug store and it would be the same thing. Wear it 24/7 until the pain stops then wear it whenever computing
Old 11-28-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Smart Glove ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone ever tell you you have beautiful hands?