Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-31-2005, 02:58 AM

Default about the beta

I just reinstalled it and have been observing 10 tables at once for 15 minutes now as a test without a crash. Is there anyone here whom had crashing problems and then attempted to reinstall it? What were the results of this? Thanks...Im worried to use it to 10 table based on my experience last set, but it was suggested to me that reinstalling it might work as they may have worked out some kinks at PP.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: about the beta

Didn't they release a second version of the beta? Possibly it fixed the crashing issues?
Old 12-31-2005, 03:01 AM

Do you know if the 2nd version of the beta is the one available at the original download site?
Old 12-31-2005, 03:03 AM

http://www.partypoker.com/download/beta_download.htm

That's the one I'm talking about...
Old 12-31-2005, 03:04 AM

Is it really that big of a deal if it crashes? I mean, it takes all of 5 seconds to close down party and reopen it, and another 5 seconds to get automatically reseated at all of your STTs.

FWIW, I have crashing issues once in awhile, but only if I am running MTH at the time.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:04 AM

For what it's worth, your buddy Jeff runs the Beta on his laptop without any problems. *shrug*
Old 12-31-2005, 03:06 AM

I think you are correct ZB. The reason is as follows:

1. I DL'ed it immediately on my desktop, and didnt use it for a long time.

2. I DL'ed it recently on my laptop when I was away, and 10 tabled on it with zero problems

3. I then came home and tried 10 tabling on it from home, and it crashed like a maniac. However this is the version that I downloaded immediately when it came out. Thus I have never crased on the updated version.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really that big of a deal if it crashes? I mean, it takes all of 5 seconds to close down party and reopen it, and another 5 seconds to get automatically reseated at all of your STTs.

FWIW, I have crashing issues once in awhile, but only if I am running MTH at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I was 10 tabling 55's, had 7 left that were 5 handed or less and crashed..I would freak the hell out. That could be a very expensive 5 seconds if my hands get folded.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you are correct ZB. The reason is as follows:

1. I DL'ed it immediately on my desktop, and didnt use it for a long time.

2. I DL'ed it recently on my laptop when I was away, and 10 tabled on it with zero problems

3. I then came home and tried 10 tabling on it from home, and it crashed like a maniac. However this is the version that I downloaded immediately when it came out. Thus I have never crased on the updated version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Download it on your desktop and be a guinea pig for us Curtains. =)
Old 12-31-2005, 03:10 AM

yeah but v important to be able to play 10 instead of 8. its like anywhere from a 10-20% hourly wage increase. I think Ill give it one more shot until the official beta comes out.

For all math whizzes I said 10-20 because who knows, maybe I play slightly worse when 10 tabling instead of 8, but I dont thnik its a big deal.