Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 03-19-2005, 05:16 PM

Default online sites and bonuses

Hey,
I am going to make my first deposit this coming week, most likely at poker stars. with 50 dollars, playing the 0.5/10cent games. Anyone have any advice on online sites, or where the best bonus is? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: online sites and bonuses

I would recommend putting your money anywhere but PS. That place seems to be rock city. The only site I've seen where the entire table often folds to a 3xBB raise, there are much easier places to make money if you ask me. JMO
Old 03-19-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would recommend putting your money anywhere but PS. That place seems to be rock city. The only site I've seen where the entire table often folds to a 3xBB raise, there are much easier places to make money if you ask me. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Although this is true, I love pokerstars.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although this is true, I love pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you love it.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:53 PM

UB is wayyyyyyyy tigher.....

i've seen in a 0.25/0.50 LIMIT GAME folded to the BB 7-handed....try and see THAT on Party
Old 03-19-2005, 10:47 PM

Is the tight play a bad thing? I mean I would rather be playing against that then a bunch of maniac players just looking to catch a card on the river, or am I not thinking correctly here?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the tight play a bad thing? I mean I would rather be playing against that then a bunch of maniac players just looking to catch a card on the river, or am I not thinking correctly here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and No. If he´s going to make his first deposit then he probably isnt the best player. I am a beginner also, but I have noticed that Maniacs are easier to beat than Stone Killers and Rocks. For that, my advice is: Dont start at PokerStars or UltimateBet, try any Party Skin or Pacific Poker. Lots of fish on both poker rooms. As for the bonus, send me a private MSG, there are a couple deals...
Old 03-19-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Assuming you can adjust to the maniacal play, it is much easier to make money on Party than to make money on Stars because for every time you get sucked out on, there will be many situations going your way.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:44 PM

He wants to play .05/.1 games, which Party doesn't offer. UB doesn't either; I think they go from .01/.02 straight to .25/.5. So for the limit you want to play, you're stuck with stars.

I don't play at Stars, but I can say that the quality of competition on UB is vastly over exaggerated, so I assume it's the same with Stars.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:47 PM

UB does have .05/.10 NL, but only in full ring, not 6 max.