Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2004, 02:20 AM

Default Troubling times

I am only in my third week of NL play but I have already noticed a trend. I seem to do well during the day on Mon-Fri but horrible at night during these same days. I also do well on Fri & Sat night which I understand.

Is there any reason other reason for the difference other than small sample size. I understand Fri & Sat night are but the difference between week night and day seems odd
Old 04-03-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Troubling times

[ QUOTE ]
I am only in my third week of NL play but I have already noticed a trend...Is there any reason other reason for the difference other than small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. The ONLY thing that I can think of is that you live outside of the US, so your nights are downtimes here (generally, games are tougher on weekday afternoons than weekend nights). But, I doubt it.

Ignore every statistic that you find until you've been playing for a while longer. You'll go nuts if you try to interpret every trend you see in such a small amount of data.

ML4L
Old 04-03-2004, 11:47 AM

I used to notice the same thing and one of my possible explanations is that the competent poker players are willing to play every night of the week. The Joe sixpack bad players tend to play on weekends as leisure. Better competition= worse EV.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:46 PM

i've found the same things...
so at night- i play UB and i tend to search for tighter tables with more predictable play on them- maybe even play a bigger table than usual as well.

also- PP at night is unbelievable.....completely unpredictable- i just can't win.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:57 PM

I find the evening games to be more equitable. Generaly on Party NL games, there is much more recreational action on nights, and weekends. I find the day job games to be packed with winning players.

I have to admit though, that my fluctuations are much higher in the easier games. While I'm more likely to be stuck 400 in an eavning, though, I am much more likely to win 800 in my first hour.

AeonBlues