Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Is there a real time directory of current online games?

The site pokerpulse used to provide a list of all no limit games with pot sizes of a certain amount say $100-200.

They no longer have this content on their site. Is there a site that does something similar?

It would be incredibly helpful to look at average pot size and vpip for a specific game across poker platforms in one place. For instance 5/10 holdem games at party, pokerstars, ultimate, pokerroom, and paradise.

Anyone with any suggestions would be great. And for innovative web affiliate this kind of content would assure you tremendous traffic I would think.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Is there a real time directory of current online games?

Somebody asked me what I thought of something like this.
Like if there was some way to be notified of some super-great 15/30 game on party (specifically what table I guess).

I wasn't attracted to that idea...nor am I that big a fan of what you want either.

I just don't think it's that big a deal. You can check out the games yourself of course. Specifically at 50/100 or higher...how many sites are there that spread that high anyway?

For the idea that was presented to me of being able to specifically look-up or find some great 15/30 game or something: I guess it would be okay if you were the only one that service and you had some dedicated guy scouting the games just for you. But if it's multiple people then obviously it won't be a very effective way to find good tables because they'll all flock as well.

I guess I'm a little curious as to why you think this would be such a great idea when it seems to me it shouldn't be that tough to just look up the avg pot-sizes on your own.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Is there a real time directory of current online games?

You can try this site which is headed in the direction you are looking for, and the most recent replacement to what pokerpulse was offering.

Just be careful about which links you click on!

By the way, the most interesting thing about this site, is that it cuts thru the BS player numbers posted by the poker sites, and make it absolutely clear to anyone who already doesn't understand those numbers, that the majority of the Poker sites reported numbers are players playing freerolls, play money and uber-low buyin tournaments.