Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: worst hand ever

i would've done hand ranges, but since you threw out "you can fold if you hate money" i think the burden is on you now.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:22 PM

I agree you although I have never played with you I am sure you are a very solid player from your previous posts. You know you made some mistakes in this hand. I am just pointing them out to you since you posted this hand. I also think the biggest on is preflop.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:22 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I agree you although I have never played with you I am sure you are a very solid player from your previous posts. You know you made some mistakes in this hand. I am just pointing them out to you since you posted this hand. I also think the biggest on is preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think i made any mistakes. preflop is borderline though J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] happens to be my favorite hand. i probably wouldve made the call anyway though
Old 11-21-2005, 08:25 PM

Can you explain preflop to me (no sarcasm). I really don't understand how this can be a call. You are up against two very solid opponents.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do i beat

[/ QUOTE ]

T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], a drunk, or a misclick. Still, seems like a very tough but good fold.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

id cold call 2 on the button after a light raise and a call so i figure i can call 2 more here since i have worse position but better pot odds

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this logic works so good because it looks at pot odds and position but ignores information about the strength of hands you are against.

/mc
Old 11-21-2005, 08:27 PM

fine, i'll do hand ranges.

CO has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 2 combos, they beat you. maybe he'd bet the turn with QT actually... but no worse hands other than a misclick play like this really.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain preflop to me (no sarcasm). I really don't understand how this can be a call. You are up against two very solid opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are not very solid. i had no specific read on the CO, but i had one on MP. he is my friend's friend from school that taught him to play a few years ago. i occasionally see him at these games. im assuming hes using this screenname again because he made a rakeback account. anyway he plays pretty dumb. he plays kinda tight (i actually think he is around 41/19 come to think of it) but he autobets draws headsup, he will pump his draws, he tries some dumb FPS plays (as evidenced by him having top set this hand), etc

this would be a lot better call against two bad players. as i said i was heavily influenced by it being my favorite hand
Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this hand really fits the title. I'm still laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

the title is not "worst played hand ever" fyi

it is worse hand ever since i called 4 bets preflop and 4 on the flop only to find out my hand is no good

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. It was just the process of me reading the title and wondering what hand would deserve that, then I read the hand and just started laughing.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:35 PM

I think ATs is much more likely than QTs. Anyways there still has to be some bluffing %. I admit that it is small but bluffs, misclicks, and misreading the board does happen often enough to merit a call in my opinion.