Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Shut the Fudge UP!!!

Ok, so I'm on a 6 player max game, and I have a $150 stack against another stack that is pretty close, and this guy is a loose cannon, he'll be in there with any 1 pair.

So I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on BB, check.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I come out betting the pot for $7, loose cannon raises to $14, and I make it $50 to go.

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], grrr, well, I'm very pot commited, and there is no way I laying down this hand, so I come out betting $50, and he calls. River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I'm all in, and he calls, and he shows me 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

At times like these, I experiance a great strain on my emotional endurance. I was 97% on the flop against this idiot calling my $50 re raise, and alls he had was 5 2o, and enough money to play like an idiot. ARRGGGHHHH

So, I type into the message box, "nh" and mutter to myself, lucky idiot.

Now, the point of this post is that a lot of players go off on the idiot, typing in the chat box things like, "You are such a *!@! idoit, you're going to lose all you money, just keep playing like that you dumb a#$....

And they don't stop for like 5 min. DUDES, wake up, you want dumb dumb calling with his 3% hand. DUH. So why all the negative reinforcement? Besides being a bad sport, when you start going off like that you are hurting the game, and creating an uncomfortable situation, when if you just keep your mouth shut, this guy might loosen up even more, and be all in when he's totaly dead which is very likely. I mean jeeezzzzz, keep the emotions off the table, if a player wants to play a long shot that loses like 90 cents on the dollar, then just be happy you got the action, and take it like a bookie, if fact for that hand I got more "juice" then a bookie ever makes. Infact better than taking actino on a horse race, better than a state lotto even which take a 50% cut!!! So, how could I possibly complain?

So to all you rude, whining dudes out there, please just do everyone a favor, and keep your comments to your self.

AeonBlues
Old 05-23-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Shut the Fudge UP!!!

Plus when people tilt at their opponents they play back at them and make them more angry. I never do anything wrong so no one ever cusses at me about what an idiot I am in the chat box but when I see someone doing it to someone else at the table I like to say stuff like well you should have folded your sraight he had the right odds to backdoor a full house. Just because I'm a dick.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never do anything wrong so no one ever cusses at me about what an idiot I am in the chat box

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That's impressive. I'm currently 0 for on perfect sessions. I probably haven't ever gone 50 hands in a row without doing something wrong.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:13 PM

I remember when i sat at your table and at least two regular players asked mid game without speaking to you before hand, 'did i play that right Aeon?'.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 AM

don't feel too bad. i'm not sure if its possible to play perfect nl poker for 50 hands in a row. is there a perfect way to play nl? i think there are very few scenarios where it is even possible to have 1 correct strategy. the only one i can think of right now is when somebody who has you covered bets all-in before you act and you call with the nuts.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:02 AM

Yah, I allways felt acward at times like that.... I'm a lot better at not talking about poker then I use to be, it was hard to learn though, as I love poker as a game more then an ocupation. So, the gamer in me had to learn that this isn't a recreational hoby..... and changing my name helps too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AeonBlues
Old 05-24-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Shut the Fudge UP!!! Follow your own advice

I find this post funny since I recall playing a PLO/8 $100 game with you for over 2 hours where you were table teaching constantly. . .

"you've got to fold if you're only drawing to half the pot", etc, ad nauseum.

My comments of "are lessons free today"? "I thought poker classes were downstairs?" were all ignored.

The damange you cause by doing things like this is considerably worse than what you are talking about.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:32 PM

What is even funnier is when a "good" player plays bad and elicits all of these comments...

I was playing in a NL $50 game on PP and a player that I had notes as a good player was just playing anything for about 2 orbits. He had to rebuy of course and the birds started chirping. "Reload again, I want your money"..."Worst player on PP" and so on. He kept totally silent and then opened his guns. Over the course of about 1/2 an hour he took every cent from them. I managed to avoid him and even caught some of their $ as they tilted. After they left, I cautiously typed..."Notes on players sure help" and He replied with the "LOL...Yep". I wished him well and left the table. It was a funny sight as they were losing their money and the chat was filling as they went down. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2004, 04:27 PM

Default I think you\'ll find this to be a common scentiment among good players

I don't suppose it hurts to flog that horse frequently here though, because it's one of the most basic components of winning play---keep the fish happy! Be polite and affable, and you'll keep them in the game longer even when they might otherwise have left (because they're still having F U N).