Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: A10o keeps confusing me

This was the first 3-bet post-flop I had seen in this game in the course of 5 hours, just to clarify.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:29 PM

Smells like a set. Not sure about the game you're playing in but at stakes like that would anyone in their right mind, even someone as laggy as him, 3-bet if they could not beat ATo? If you think your tens are still outs then I'd consider paying him off just for some info.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was the first 3-bet post-flop I had seen in this game in the course of 5 hours, just to clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this, and the way the hand played out up to this point, I think we have an insta-fold on our hands.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:35 PM

To clarify, he was the kind of player who would bet as long as no one else showed aggression, but would likely fold or just call down when shown aggression.

He beat up on the LP's since they never stood up to him, but his 3-bet threw me for a loop.

I expected him to fold/call down if I raised, so tried to squeeze some more money from him. Didn't work.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:44 PM

With 4 limpers in front of you, I'm OK with the PF call. Raising isn't going to cut the field down to less than 4 + you, IMO.

I raise preflop here to ensure heads-up. If he calls and still leads turn, I would call, saving 0.5 BB to this point vs. what you did (1 BB flop + 1 BB turn vs. 0.5 BB flop + 2 BB turn) and getting to see the river card. If he calls flop raise and check-raises turn, calling turn is debatable but I probably do it given pot size (8 BB in this case) and because you have some river outs (paired board or a T), though dirty at best. Based on his turn play, I put him on Aces up (A4s or A6s).

Based on what you did, I probably call and see river based on pot size, hoping for a T or paired board. Fold to river bet unimproved.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM

I was wondering what you had when you folded that. He probably has at least 2 pair, probably 64 ;0) Anyway, I made the mistake of calling him down too often, I think the fold is good.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Results

I mucked it and he flipped over K4o for a flopped two pair. This game involved showing more uncalled hands than a 2+2 game. It was beautiful.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:05 AM

I did not read your post. I tried but for some reason I kept losing focus on the words and eventually gave up.