Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 11:47 PM

Default Re: The Results that should Matter

[ QUOTE ]
And the US invented saving the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly is the US saving the world right now?

The war on terror?

Regards
Brad S
Old 11-05-2004, 12:05 AM

This map would only prove that George Bush DOES have American interests at heart first, and John Kerry doesn't, and make it all the more important that he won on Tuesday.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:17 AM

Yours too but seriously... what does Iraq have to do with the war on terror? Oh that's right, AQ has now gained a foothold where they didn't have one before. Good job taking such a positive lead.

Hmmmm. Drawing a lot of these a$$holes of the woodwork to fight with our MILITARY on THEIR OWN TURF in a DESERT tens of thousands of miles AWAY FROM AMERICA.

What a foolish idea.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ACLU

Heres a link. In the first paragraph

without a warrant and without probable cause, the FBI now has the power to access your most private medical records, your library records, and your student records... and can prevent anyone from telling you it was done.

i personally like the right to privacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey tolbiny,

I'm actually curious as to just what vital information the FBI might find from finding out when my last checkup/surgery was, what my reading interests are, and what grade I got in Mass Comm 212 last semester...this doesn't really strike me as all that invasive...unless of course, my latest reading material was "How to Blow Up Your State's Capitol", I don't think I've got too much to hide, do you?

-Edge
Old 11-05-2004, 01:19 AM

I agree edge ...... by the way ..... what did you get in Mass Comm 212 last semester?
Old 11-05-2004, 01:24 AM

I got an A...best professor I've ever had too!

SEE FBI, I'VE GOT NOTHING TO HIDE!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2004, 02:02 AM

I love the way Bush is claiming America loves him, when he barely got the majority of the vote. Ooh.. 51% of people think you should be president. Well whooptee frickin' doo. That means 49% of people think you should not be president. Bush has no Mandate, he has no Election Currency to spend.... he's no better off than he was 4 years ago... half the people still think he shouldn't be president.

Yeah, that's the way almost every election is won these days, but I'm just annoyed that Bush is strutting around like he got 80% of the vote.

The problem with Bush is that he's not a great thinker. He goes with his gut and then never wavers. Some call that steadfast, I call it stubborn and short sighted. His foreign policy has managed to turn the entire world against us, where even our allies are taking steps to distance themselves from our actions. He has to learn that we are not alone on this planet, and that pissing off our neighbors is a bad idea.

-Nate
Old 11-05-2004, 02:04 AM

Oh, and don't forget that Howard in Australia just got re-elected, Koizumi in Japan is still doing fine in polls, Blair in the UK thinks he can win a snap election after the Iraqi elections.

That map should be redder than you let on.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:07 AM

Well ..... there you again ...... We are not alone
Old 11-05-2004, 02:10 AM

Er...I'm going to assmue this is more of a general response post than one in response to my last two...

George W. Bush won 51% of the NATIONAL popular vote, making him the first candidate to do so since his father, George H.W. Bush, won back in '88. Bubba didn't do it EITHER time he got elected. That's a pretty stunning victory, almost by 4 million votes.

And if it would make you feel any better, if just less than half the people think he shouldn't be President now...well, MORE than half didn't vote for him last time. Hell, he even technically LOST the popular vote in 2000, albeit much MUCH closer than this year's. I'd say that makes him MUCH better off, at least in terms of national support, than he was 4 years ago.

As far as foreign policy, I have a feeling you'll see moves to at least ATTEMPT to rebuild relationships in these next 4 years, but choosing short-term happy feelings toward us over making moves in the best interests of the nation, well, that'd be foolish.

That should clear things up a little bit, I hope.