Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Default PLO8 Bankroll and winrate?

I just started PLO8 and I've been doing pretty well (not significant, but 900 hands and 25BB/100), but I was wondering what a good bankroll for PL50 would be, so I can stop and build up somewhere else if I'm too short (I started at $450).

I was also wondering what kind of an average win rate you can expect with fishy-ish games at ~50% and $20-45 average pots, depending on time of day. So far it looks like I'm going to be a winning player, but I want a general projection of how long it's gonna take to reach certain goals if I play my best.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: PLO8 Bankroll and winrate?

20 buyins is a very safe number. You can probably get by with less at lower levels though, especially if you play relatively tight/conservative.

Win rates for PLO8 cover a wide range: the very best I've seen have ~20 BB/100 win rates (just a handful of players), most of the strongest players fall in the 10-15 BB/100 range long term, and the bulk of winning players in the 5-10 range. But I'd say 20 is a realistic upper bound, and 10-15 is a very optimistic range to aim for.